If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    Every One In Sight

Re: Ebay Scam! $30,000.00 CLOSE CALL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bojoe2
    why cant they trace there account and nail them
    email headers can be spoofed (faked), the phishmail is probably sent from a zombie machine as well.
    I usually forward em to:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

they can usually get the offending address neutralized within hours, but, by then, the scammers have moved on to new zombies.

VIP Member VIP Member LubeJobs42's Avatar
    My Boats:
    44 MTI 39 MTI 35 MOTION 16 DONZI
    Fort Lauderdale

Here is the actual email: If you look at the address it came from there is an S before Ebay

To: [email protected]
    Subject: FPA NOTICE: Suspicious Activity -Section 9
    Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 09:50:33 -0500 (EST)
    Dear eBay member,

Your bank has contacted us regarding some attempts of charges from your credit card via the eBay system. We have reasons to believe that you changed your registration information or that someone else has unauthorized access to your eBay account. Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized listings placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order to allow us to investigate this matter further. Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message, if your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your eBay registration. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of eBay policy to represent oneself as another eBay user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. eBay is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Per the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.
    Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

To confirm your identity with us click here:

After responding to the message, we ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated. Emailing us before that time will result in delays. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and we would like to thank you for your cooperation as we review this matter.

Trust and Safety Department
    eBay Inc.

Donzi33ZX Gold Member BryanTuvell's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 Donzi 33ZX
    Suffolk, VA

Serious Ebayers know what to look for, there are also examples of the first posy here on EBAY.
    I also got the hoax email, but I got smart on their policies before I started listing items.

One mans junk is another mans treasure!

2008 F350 SWD 4x4 6.3 PSD + Donzi 33ZX
    Performance on and off the water!!!!

Platinum Member Platinum Member jeff32's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 triple 500 efi Sonic 45
    St-Hyacinthe, quebec, canada

He finally answered. Same boat was for sale at same price 4 months ago, by same guy, with same answer from him. He even replied once with the same text but the word boat was replaced for bike, so automated respond system, but some error when is the answer from him. IT IS B*LLSH*T !!!

ello and thank you for your interest,

This boat is like new, with no marks, no hidden defects. It looks great and it is in excellent condition, I have only used it for a very short time. My job put me on the way to US and I bought this boat for the years I spent there. Now I have to sell it as I've got back home in Italy, Europe. However a friend of mine from US will arrange shipping. The boat is located and registered in US. This is a one owner boat and it has a clear US title, which will be forwarded to you with the boat upon receipt of money. If you are interested in buying it the final price is $30,000.00. The boat is located in US and will be shipped after you will send payment. Trailer is also included.
    I will handle all shipping arrangements and costs. It will take no more than 14-16 days for the shipping company to deliver the boat to you. All documents, including owner's manual, clear title and a bill of sale on your name will be provided along with the boat. The transaction will be made under eBay's protection plan for our safety. Your funds will be 100% insured by Ebay who will hold and insure your money until receipt of the boat in good conditon. You will have 15 days from the time you receive the boat to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not. If you wish to purchase please provide me your full name, address and also your eBay user Id so I can initiate the deal through eBay.

If you are really interested in buying it please reply asap, cuz' I have lots of interested customers.

-----Original Message-----
    >From: "eBay Member: 9633jeff" <[email protected]>
    >Sent: Mar 7, 2006 6:16 AM
    >To: [email protected]
    >Subject: Question for item #4618852094 - DONZI 38ZR FULL CANOPY - Buy
    >It Now for 30K

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123