Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   40 Skater Going at US Marshall auction?? could be a good deal (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124421-40-skater-going-us-marshall-auction-could-good-deal.html)

blume 03-09-2006 11:35 AM

Re: 40 Skater Going at US Marshall auction?? could be a good deal

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I was intersting in buying this boat. Before the feds had it I figured out what it would cost to rig the boat with the proper power and made a "Fair" offer. It was laughed at. If you figure out what it's going to cost for the power, drives, full riggigng, interior, gauges, trailer, props, dial in time etc etc etc. etc. It will cost you way more to own this 2003 (almost 4 year old boat) then it would to buy several others already completed and are currnetly on the market (oso classifieds). Believe me, I spent hours and figured it to the penny what it would cost to complete this boat. It's is a lossing propasition. The money you might save on this hull from buying a new one is less the the depreciation of this 4 year old hull is worth.

2003 40' Skater's are selling for less than $400,000.00 ready to run on a trailer. Motors, drives, props, trans, and headers $250,000.00,
Skater interior $10,000.00, rigging, gauges, throttles, sea strainers and labor $50,000.00, Trailer $25,000.00....... whats the hull worth????????

ChrisK 03-09-2006 11:42 AM

Ill go make an offer on it... will not be even close to what its worth... but Ill make an offer none the less............

SCARABJ 03-09-2006 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by dhlaw
I remember seeing that boat at GrafikEFX in Bunnell last year. The guy was wayyy behind in payments to Chris... Apparently he had other issues too.

me too... the paint looks better than the pics show...

Sean H 03-09-2006 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Interesting indeed. Here come the rumors! :evilb:

thats all you... well, take tony the tiger off it and then it would be all you... :drink: :evilb:

CMG 03-09-2006 12:02 PM

400K unrigged? :eek: Must include 1075s and sixes

Brad Zastrow 03-09-2006 01:17 PM

I also made an offer on that boat in writing last fall. My offer was far more than the numbers you guys are discussing. I also was tossed out the door. So what that it is a new hull. It is 4 year old hull that needs rigging, power, drives, interior and trailer. You could spend 400k on those items and have a 400k used boat So the hull is worth what? The bank loan was very high and far more ( more than a fully rigged boat would be) than the value of bare hull. The bean counters could not come to reality on the value of a bare hull with some paint on it. My guess is this thing will rot in a warehouse for a few years. Am I bitter? Maybe because the bank jerked me around for two months without even a counter offer. :mad:

Anarchy Powerboats 03-09-2006 01:25 PM

425k? well there is a sucker born every minute so who knows :rolleyes:

Brad Zastrow 03-09-2006 01:26 PM

PS: The hull is setup for Arnesons drives with the rocker in the hull. I also budgeted money for glass work to convert the hull for sixes. The Myco trailer is gone. Repo man.

GLH 03-09-2006 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A US Marshall auction usually has no minimum. Then no one says "No".

So you interested parties should take a drive down there and bid.

M&T is the creditor and it is mention that they can bid up to the amount of the judgement they have received, other than that this boat will be sold on the 24th.

Here are the instruction to the bidders... 10% down ... balance within 48 hours.

CMG 03-09-2006 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)