Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   40 Skater Going at US Marshall auction?? could be a good deal (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124421-40-skater-going-us-marshall-auction-could-good-deal.html)

P Offshore 03-11-2006 06:41 AM

Re: 40 Skater Going at US Marshall auction?? could be a good deal

Originally Posted by Jesse James
My opinion on the trailer under it now is 50k....by the time you equip it with similar equipment to other boats of this caliber you would blow right by what you could sell it for, now if you love the paint and you want to build it your way this would be a good option because you could never touch a new hull for that price or buy an existing boat and make your taste specific changes for this type of money....

Retail price done 350-400k tops

55,000 each for motors (900 plus hp)
50,000 each for drives and transom assemblies (dry swpt 6's)
4000 each for trannies
4000 per side for tails and tips
10,000 for skater interior
20, 000 for nice trailer (tandem dually oil bath)
2500 guages and bezels (times 2 if you want to double up)
2300 shifters throttles
3000 for dash panels (carbon or painted)
1000 for gps
1500 dual helm set up
3000 5 place intercom system w/ vhf
2000 stereo system to pipe into head sets
7500 deck/hull hardware, batt boxes,switches,etc
4000 boat cover and cockpit cover
10,000 props
2000 tie bar
15,000 rigging labor
50,000 hull

I think I was pretty conservative on my numbers and it would take some leg work to get some of the items at those prices and some are just off the street pricing........

dont forget if you want it all white again add at least 15, 000 and if you want more/different graphics add another 25,000 on the low side...

You forgot that in order to use the "dry swept sixes" Skater will charge $25,000.00 to remove the rocker and add some notch to the bottom to make it compatible with SSM 6 drives.
It is now setup for ASD-8's.
I saw no hatches either another $4000.00
Oh and headers for the big power, another $18000.00

drypipetiger 03-11-2006 06:51 AM

What would it do with HO's and XR's? :D

dhlaw 03-11-2006 07:07 AM

I thought I remember the cat being in vinyl.......

P Offshore 03-11-2006 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
What would it do with HO's and XR's? :D

Embarass you and get you beat up at E-Dock !!! :eek:

drypipetiger 03-11-2006 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by P Offshore
Embarass you and get you beat up at E-Dock !!! :eek:

lol! :D

MarkSmith 03-11-2006 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I made an offer because I liked the paint job.

You just liked the name because it fit. :D

Enough with the Skater, we want pics of the project boat and e.t.a.

SCRAPMAN1 03-11-2006 07:50 AM

This Boat Was Ordered By A Guy Named Richie Vazzano. He Is From New Jersey And Had A Vending Company Called Usa Vending. I Know Lots Of Info On Him Because He Ripped Me Off. He Got In Trouble With Taxes And The Government Dont Play That. 3 Or 4 Years Ago I Met This Guy Through Some Good Reputable Friends Of Mine At A Boating Event In New York. Real Slick- Amg Mercedes, Hummer H1, Lots Of Gold, Nice Clothes,new Condo In Palm Beach - You Get The Picture. He Shows Us Around Town, Knows Everybody, He's Ordering A New 40 Skater, Shows Me The Pictures Of It, The Whole Works. I Mention To Him That I Love The H1 Hummer That Hes Driving And If He Ever Sells It To Call Me. 3 Weeks Later I Get A Call From Him And He Tells Me That He Has Just Decided To Sell His H1 To Get Something Different. The Price Is $55,000. Its Priced Right So I Made A Deal Over The Phone. He Was To Ship Me The Hummer In One Week. I Am Embarrassed To Admit What Happens Next But I Feel I Should Air This Out In Case This Guy Tries To Get Anyone Else. The Truck Shows Up As Promised And I Did As Promised And Wired Him The Money. 3 Days Later I Realized That I Was Missing Something Very Important-the Title To The Truck. No Big Deal This Guys Got His Act Together-right? I Call Him Up And He Says No Problem He Forgot To Tell His Bank To Send It. Ill Save You All The Bs I Went Through But After A Year And Three Months Of Being Jerked Around By This Guy I Finally Got Him To Answer A Friends Out Of State Cell Phone And I Got Him To Tell Me His Lien Holder Information. I Paid The $13,000 He Owed On The Truck And Finally Got My Title. I Am A Car Dealer So I Knew The Way That The Transaction Was Set Up Was Way Wrong- Point Is I Let My Guard Down Because This Guy Is An Expert At Playing Someone He Isnt. Dont Let It Happen To You. If He Is In Any Way Still Associated With This Boat Use Caution.

Billy Glueck

SCRAPMAN1 03-11-2006 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Maybe the note is for the running boat and the parts were never recovered somewhere? I am sure it's a nice boat plus it doesn't have a single hole drilled in it. It would be a nice boat but needs lots of cash to throw at it.

HE NEVER OWNED THE MOTORS OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER SO I DOUBT ANY THING ELSE GOES WITH IT.

Byrdman 03-11-2006 08:00 AM

typical deal anymore these days...scrapman :rolleyes:

KNOT-RIGHT 03-11-2006 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
its begging for t53's and arnesons.
i can hear it call my name. I think ill go check it out tomorrow if i have time just for the hell of it.
maybe ill just bolt down 2 recaro seats a steering wheel and a coupel throttles, cant be that much. dont need to finish it off, no one wants to ride with me anyways.

I have all the rigging for the t53,s exhaust, hatches you name it.

A 2003 40 Skater on the trailer is worth 100K all day
long! If someone can buy it for less then that
even better.

Your next door to me.
Bring it over here and will put it together.

Gerry