Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   40 Skater Going at US Marshall auction?? could be a good deal (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124421-40-skater-going-us-marshall-auction-could-good-deal.html)

30Spectre 03-12-2006 09:14 AM

Re: 40 Skater Going at US Marshall auction?? could be a good deal

This may sound like a stupid question to some, but, if the transom is still uncut, and the stringers have not yet been driled, how is it setup for ASD's vs 6's? Ive seen 6 drive boats w/ the tunnel extension also.

Too Old 03-12-2006 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by 30Spectre
This may sound like a stupid question to some, but, if the transom is still uncut, and the stringers have not yet been driled, how is it setup for ASD's vs 6's? Ive seen 6 drive boats w/ the tunnel extension also.

Most likely the shape of the bottom. ie: more or less rocker built into the bottom etc.

Rik 03-12-2006 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
Most likely the shape of the bottom. ie: more or less rocker built into the bottom etc.

The bottom does not need anymore rocker in it for the Arneson than it does for the Speedmasters.

Too Old 03-12-2006 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rik
The bottom does not need anymore rocker in it for the Arneson than it does for the Speedmasters.

Well, there ya have it........

P Offshore 03-12-2006 06:53 PM

There is DEFINATELY something different between this boats hull and the hull Skater builds for SSM 6's. I am not an expert but my sources are...

I called Skater direct and the conversation quickly began explaining my SSM 6's would not be a good combination for this boat since they (Skater) set it up for Arneson drives.

Brad Zastrow 03-12-2006 07:06 PM

The hull notch is very different. You CAN NOT run sixes without hull modification. It has a rocker in the hull. I spoke to Skater about this hull. It is a an expensive conversion. This thread and the boat are a waste of time. The Bank is nuts.

P Offshore 03-12-2006 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
The hull notch is very different. You CAN NOT run sixes without hull modification. It has a rocker in the hull. I spoke to Skater about this hull. It is a an expensive conversion. This thread and the boat are a waste of time. The Bank is nuts.

That is what I was trying to say... :drink:

BLee 03-20-2006 02:33 PM

so did anyone bid? Wasn't the auction last weekend?

P Offshore 03-20-2006 02:33 PM

Next Friday.

BLee 03-20-2006 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by P Offshore
Next Friday.

Ah! Well is anyone GOING to bid? :drink: