Sterndrive Inc. - A bad experience

Notices

Sterndrive Inc. - A bad experience

Old 03-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sterndrive Inc. - A bad experience

I also would contact the Credit Card company ASAP, there are time lines on being able to charge back and I think these kind of scammers try to string you along with the stories of "it's going out tomorrow" long enough for the time to pass, I know it worked that way for me on something I bought through Paypal.(I'll never buy anything through paypal that's worth more than I'm willing to loose)

Good Luck,
Caleb
Old 03-10-2006, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther
Yes, I did this once and magically the problem was resolved. Companies don't like to have negative charge backs on their record, they could loose the ability to run credit cards all together.
BINGO....Credit card companies do watch your level of charge backs. The more you have, the less apealing you are as a client.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
This is why we need the bad business section back
Why, when anyone can post in General section? Designating a bad business section only entices unnecessary complaints and bashing. If a business deal is bad enough it will get posted regardless. I didn't care for the bad business section and thought it brought out too many bull..itters. Just my opinion.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Harper220
Why, when anyone can post in General section? Designating a bad business section only entices unnecessary complaints and bashing. If a business deal is bad enough it will get posted regardless. I didn't care for the bad business section and thought it brought out too many bull..itters. Just my opinion.
But if some of these people posted in that section and this guy read it before hand he wouldnt be posting now.After a few weeks this thread will be a few pages back

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Registered

But if some of these people posted in that section and this guy read it before hand he wouldnt be posting now.After a few weeks this thread will be a few pages back
That's my point. If this bad business deal is in fact "bad enough" and others have also had a bad deal with this company, then it will stay on top and mean something. This way it weeds out the bull..itters.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Registered

For obvious reasons, some sort of register where people could post their bad experiences, and which would remain continuously available for reference, strikes me as useful. In my own case the Sterndrive price for the Bravo XR was $6500, which if you can believe it is still being advertized as of this morning. I guess its easy to offer a good deal if you have no intention of ever delivering the product. I can't understand Lane Weir's thinking- I'm going to get my money back one way or the other, and in the meantime he incurs a heap of (richly deserved) bad publicity. Presumably bad publicity doesn't matter to him because there's a sucker borne every minute. Maybe its a way to supplement his cash flow over the winter.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by muskadasa
For obvious reasons, some sort of register where people could post their bad experiences, and which would remain continuously available for reference, strikes me as useful. In my own case the Sterndrive price for the Bravo XR was $6500, which if you can believe it is still being advertized as of this morning. I guess its easy to offer a good deal if you have no intention of ever delivering the product. I can't understand Lane Weir's thinking- I'm going to get my money back one way or the other, and in the meantime he incurs a heap of (richly deserved) bad publicity. Presumably bad publicity doesn't matter to him because there's a sucker borne every minute. Maybe its a way to supplement his cash flow over the winter.
Simply use the search function and I'm sure you'll find plenty of bad business topics.

What is it with the marine industry? Why do these fools exist?

I really hope you get your money back... Good Luck
Old 03-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Registered

Man, I feel for you, after my deal with Profile I can imagine your stress. Can't offer any more than moral support, and some legal advice if you need it (if so call me, I will share what I am doing).

For what it is worth, we NEED guys to speak up, in the GENERAL FORUM where things get noticed. Good companies need to be praised, bad ones need to be put under, honest mistakes can be corrected with a little extra effort, dishonest ones require a little more than that.

FYI - I have a buddy who was looking at Stern Drive Inc for a large order, $20K plus, was going to pull the trigger as soon as a large tax refund came in (probably next week), this thread caused me to call him, direct him to your post, and now he is seeking other options. For what it is worth, there is at lease one guy you helped with this post.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Registered

I finally got my money back through a chargeback by my credit card company. Yea- I was stupid, but the rest of you please remember that name: Lane Weir at Sterndrive Inc. He took my money, he lied to me repeatedly, he never shipped the order, and then he refused to refund the money. Those are the straight facts. Caveat emptor.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Registered

I vote for Rob's idea. I used to look thru the 'bad bidness' threads before I bought anything for my boat. If it was reported by one OSO member I never looked at the company again. Don't know if it saved me any money, but I guarantee you I never lost a dime.
SAR

Quick Reply: Sterndrive Inc. - A bad experience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.