Notices

OSO Classifieds

Old 03-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OSO Classifieds

Is it just me or do things seem to sit in the OSO classified section for a long time?

Boats: I have seen some boats in there for well over a year now and maybe longer, and alot with thousands of hits to look at them. Most seem like fair prices, or why list them.

Engines: I have 2 engines listed for sale as "best offer" and still no action. There are some ads that are always the top viewed and they are not even complete motors, go figure.

Drives: Everyone wants a Bravo XR for an Alpha price.

Electronics: Waste of space.

Trucks and Tow vehicles: Some cool looking trucks, and some scattered cars and I think I saw a Harley.

And a couple of other catagories that are a bunch of whatever.

I know the OSO classifieds have worked in the past, I mean that's how I bought my boat.

Are the times changing? Is everyone so rich with the real estate market that they all buy new?
Old 03-09-2006, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: OSO Classifieds

Originally Posted by betitbig
Is it just me or do things seem to sit in the OSO classified section for a long time?

Boats: I have seen some boats in there for well over a year now and maybe longer, and alot with thousands of hits to look at them. Most seem like fair prices, or why list them.

Engines: I have 2 engines listed for sale as "best offer" and still no action. There are some ads that are always the top viewed and they are not even complete motors, go figure.

Trucks and Tow vehicles: Some cool looking trucks, and some scattered cars and I think I saw a Harley.

I know the OSO classifieds have worked in the past, I mean that's how I bought my boat.

Are the times changing? Is everyone so rich with the real estate market that they all buy new?
In my past experiences, I have sold two boats in the OSO classifieds. As far as the used engines go, too many azzholes have ripped people off by selling them engines that were junk. People just won't buy used engines.
Old 03-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Registered

the hard reality, things are worth what they bring in an arms length transaction....

The only way to tell what they are worth is to price it, and every 2 weeks drop the price 10% until someone buys.

If things sit there for a long time with no buyers they are over priced, this is capitalism in its rawest form....
Old 03-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ebay it

Ebay has more traffic. From Motors to toast and used underwear it's all on Ebay
Old 03-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OldSchool
In my past experiences, I have sold two boats in the OSO classifieds. As far as the used engines go, too many azzholes have ripped people off by selling them engines that were junk. People just won't buy used engines.
Great little speal, but what is the real difference buying a used "entire" boat or an engine?

I can understand being leary of used boats or engines with 200 salt water hours or something like that, but not fresh ones from a well respected engine builder.

In my experience you can learn alot about the condition of the boat, motor, or whatever by talking to the seller a few times and asking alot of questions.

If you don't or can't do that then...
Old 03-09-2006, 07:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Great little speal, but what is the real difference buying a used "entire" boat or an engine?

I can understand being leary of used boats or engines with 200 salt water hours or something like that, but not fresh ones from a well respected engine builder.

In my experience you can learn alot about the condition of the boat, motor, or whatever by talking to the seller a few times and asking alot of questions.

If you don't or can't do that then...
I think that maybe you didn't get what I was saying...or I didn't say it very well!!!
I had a set of 588ci/1240HP quad rotor engines, built by Sonny Leonard for sale last year. They had 15 hours on them, cost well over $100K to build and I couldn't give them away. It just seemed to me that if anyone wanted big power (and could afford to run it) ....they would spend all of the $$$ to get new stuff. I ended up selling them....but not for nearly close to what they were worth!!
Old 03-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Registered

I think that maybe you didn't get what I was saying...or I didn't say it very well!!!
I had a set of 588ci/1240HP quad rotor engines, built by Sonny Leonard for sale last year. They had 15 hours on them, cost well over $100K to build and I couldn't give them away. It just seemed to me that if anyone wanted big power (and could afford to run it) ....they would spend all of the $$$ to get new stuff. I ended up selling them....but not for nearly close to what they were worth!!
In that case your right. But you are talking about spending more on engines than a "normal person" would spend on a complete boat.

As in your case you had to find just the right buyer and take the time to groom them into buying your set up.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yea, it sucked!

here is another classic example of good engines w/ $16,000 worth of exhaust and Huber 1450's included for not alot of $$$. They have been for sale for a while.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8665.html

I can't understand why nobody has bought these??
Old 03-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

Yea, it sucked!

here is another classic example of good engines w/ $16,000 worth of exhaust and Huber 1450's included for not alot of $$$. They have been for sale for a while.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8665.html

I can't understand why nobody has bought these??
Just my thought, but I think most everyones refi money must have run out.

At least here on the left coast.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

as of right now, only 2 classified from being under 1000 boats for sale in classified... That's been a while I have'nt seen this... even last winter!

fewer boats for sale or everybody are just sitting on their boat till market goes up????

Quick Reply: OSO Classifieds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.