Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Spookiest thing you have seen while boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124511-spookiest-thing-you-have-seen-while-boating.html)

OU Want Some?!! 03-14-2006 07:45 PM

Re: Spookiest thing you have seen while boating

sotw last year. :( :(

everybody... BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!!

gsmith9898 03-14-2006 08:02 PM

last year at fort gibson lake in oklahoma I seen some guys in a bass boat go flying by funisland and than go back again. about that time a lady in her late 60"s takes off on a seadoo and the bass boat runs her over. After we rush out and pull the women to the shore it turns out that it was her kids in the bass boat that ran over her. She survived, but she was in bad shape for awhile.

pullmytrigger 03-14-2006 10:33 PM

Shheesh you guys..........the waters i boat in ust have been blessed by Beaver Cleaver....... :(

yss 03-14-2006 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!!
. :( :(

Ditto that - spring is around the corner.

I'm sure this freaked someone out while boating.

rich allen 03-15-2006 12:45 PM

Quite a few years ago, my buddies and I were just drifting along, late at night, down a river, back towards the marina, killing time with lots of laughs, and beverages to suit. The current was pretty good, so was easy to drift without motor running. The lights from the marina in the distance, and the moon, reflected on the water, and gave you a pretty good view if anything was in front of you. While we were all just sitting there, I just happened to look out in front of the boat, and saw a good sized object breaking the surface of the water, and it was coming straight at us!!. I stood up to get a good look, and as I did, everyone else looked out as well, except now it was only about 15 yards away, and closing fast. Without taking the time to explain anything, I jumped to the wheel, and was starting up the engine, to move the boat ASAP. While I was doing this, one of my friends, seeing my urgency, jumped to action as well. He went for a paddle , reached over the side of the boat, and started to pummel this monstrous sea creature in the head that was surely coming to do us harm.. As I was pulling away, it was then that I had enough time to explain to him that he was beating to death a green slimy detergent bottle tied to an underwater log, which I was trying to avoid getting hung up on. The current made it look like the monster was coming at us, when in fact we were drifting to it.
I can’t tell you how hard we laughed till we were crying. It was nice to know that he had my back in case it was a monster. :drink:

CBR 03-15-2006 12:51 PM

Ha ha! Another thing that freaked me out was watching the clouds above me turn in a rapid circle....freakee! It was a twister that did not quite form, lucky me. One did form slightly south at the same time, causing a great deal of damage in Miami.

Sean H 03-15-2006 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by OU Want Some?!!
sotw last year. :( :(

yeah, probably will never forget that... :(

rush 03-15-2006 01:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This ship is siting in the middle of the chesapeake bay "on bottom" we decided to board it ,very erie feeling,its been there 40 years.

GHOST RIDER 03-15-2006 01:02 PM

The boldest scene to appear before my eyes while out to sea was the ERUPTION of the sea surface and the RISING of the BOW of a NUCLEAR ATTACK SUB from the ocean depths out in the Gulf Stream off the south Florida coastline..............it was some distance from our high speed crossing of the stream...........but it was enough to curl your toes with the immense POWER surfacing.............and thank your stars it was a Los Angeles Class American Sub.............it makes you wonder !!!!!!!!!

JS232 03-15-2006 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by rich allen
Quite a few years ago... As I was pulling away, it was then that I had enough time to explain to him that he was beating to death a green slimy detergent bottle tied to an underwater log, which I was trying to avoid getting hung up on. The current made it look like the monster was coming at us, when in fact we were drifting to it.
I can’t tell you how hard we laughed till we were crying. It was nice to know that he had my back in case it was a monster. :drink:

Originally Posted by CBR
Ha ha! Another thing that freaked me out was watching the clouds above me turn in a rapid circle....freakee! It was a twister that did not quite form, lucky me. One did form slightly south at the same time, causing a great deal of damage in Miami.:

You guys should quit smoking POT on your boats :p :D :D