Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Proposed tax reforms could cripple industry (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124527-proposed-tax-reforms-could-cripple-industry.html)

dean51267 03-11-2006 12:35 PM

Re: Proposed tax reforms could cripple industry

Guys, this whole debate of "fair" tax, or "flat" tax is mental masurrbation. Feels good, till you figured your screwed yourself.

The problem is excess spending, plain and simple, all these circle jerk ideas of how to make it better, but do not attack that single issue, are waste of electronic ink.

Our current system is as "fair" as any that exist, the prblem is not the tax SYSTEM, it is the tax RATE.

Cut all tax rates in half and no one cares about how it is calculated....

Zudnic 03-11-2006 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by dean51267
Guys, this whole debate of "fair" tax, or "flat" tax is mental masurrbation. Feels good, till you figured your screwed yourself.

The problem is excess spending, plain and simple, all these circle jerk ideas of how to make it better, but do not attack that single issue, are waste of electronic ink.

Our current system is as "fair" as any that exist, the prblem is not the tax SYSTEM, it is the tax RATE.

Cut all tax rates in half and no one cares about how it is calculated....

The government is not going to cut rates anytime soon. The fact they are cutting write offs means they need more of our money not less. The excess spending leads to debt, however, the effects of this debt; will be felt by all of us in the form of inflation, higher interest rates, and a weakened U.S economy. It's 1977 again and this time I'm old enough to have capital and take advantage of Gold!!!! :evilb:

dean51267 03-11-2006 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zudnic
The government is not going to cut rates anytime soon. The fact they are cutting write offs means they need more of our money not less. The excess spending leads to debt, however, the effects of this debt; will be felt by all of us in the form of inflation, higher interest rates, and a weakened U.S economy. It's 1977 again and this time I'm old enough to have capital and take advantage of Gold!!!! :evilb:

The gooberment needs NOTHING, the PEOPLE it governs need things, and I would say the FIRST thing they need is more money in their pockets in exchange for less goobernment spending on needless crap society would not fund if left alone.... :rolleyes:

Zudnic 03-11-2006 07:24 PM

The gooberment needs NOTHING, the PEOPLE it governs need things, and I would say the FIRST thing they need is more money in their pockets in exchange for less goobernment spending on needless crap society would not fund if left alone.... :rolleyes:

If the gooberment needs nothing, why are they spending like crazy? The government is growing simply as a vessel for the redistribution of wealth, under Greenspan debt became wealth! Inflation is on the rise and to fight it the money supply must be tightned and interest rates raised.

7% by summer I'm betting and that means boats to finance are going to become more expensive. Housing market as well will take a hit.

dean51267 03-11-2006 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Zudnic
If the gooberment needs nothing, why are they spending like crazy? The government is growing simply as a vessel for the redistribution of wealth, under Greenspan debt became wealth! Inflation is on the rise and to fight it the money supply must be tightned and interest rates raised.

7% by summer I'm betting and that means boats to finance are going to become more expensive. Housing market as well will take a hit.

They spend because we, the people, do not understand government CAN NOT give anything to anyone, it must take from one and give to another.

I am not sure I follow that "debt became wealth".

Inflation is on the rise because the economy is booming, the feds have said recession is preferable to inflation, not sure I agree, but I understand the program.

If interest rates continue to climb it will be because the economy continues to grow creating wealth leaving more and more money to purchase boats and luxury homes. Remember, interest rate increases come AFTER a run up in the purchases of boats and homes, it does not preceed it.

Zudnic 03-11-2006 10:10 PM

They spend because we, the people, do not understand government CAN NOT give anything to anyone, it must take from one and give to another.

I am not sure I follow that "debt became wealth".

The whole purpose of tax cuts and lower rates of interest was so people could keep and get more money to spend. With the low rates the money spent was borrowed money, hence debt has become wealth.

Inflation is on the rise because the economy is booming, the feds have said recession is preferable to inflation, not sure I agree, but I understand the program.

Recession is inflationary.... It's inflation is preferable to deflation....

If interest rates continue to climb it will be because the economy continues to grow creating wealth leaving more and more money to purchase boats and luxury homes. Remember, interest rate increases come AFTER a run up in the purchases of boats and homes, it does not preceed it

Interest rates are going up because a dollar is worth less. So if your dollars are worth less and your earning the same wage are you going to pay a higher interest rate and give up more of your dollars to buy a house, car, or boat? Than tack on this bill and the price of fuel pushes your overall cost of ownership up are you still going to buy the boat?

Inflation is not caused by pressure for wage increases, it is not caused by rising oil prices, it is not caused by consumer demand, it is not caused by attempts by suppliers to raise their prices; it is always and everywhere related to governments printing money. When they print more than demand the value decreases.