OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Cool

Not until we get the "CATAMARAN" story titled, "COPY CATS"
Old 09-02-2001, 11:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the guy is from NJ??????? I am ashamed!

But - you know what rhymes with Wycoff???

Fits him to a TEE!
Old 09-03-2001, 12:04 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
My opinion..."OUTERLIMITS" deserves a mention here. You can tell me all day long that POKER RUNS aren't races and I still would have to disagree. Just ask what the first 6 vee-bottoms that made it to the Tappan Zee Bridge in the NYC run were. Vees that can run at that speed and be as stable as they are with a crew of 6 or 8 people on board, with out spilling a drop of ---ah soda is an accomplishment.
Old 09-03-2001, 12:39 AM
rwilson

T2x...

History... GANSTA STYLE.

Long live Ray Hunt... the true father of the HiPo boat! and he's from New England, which is always worth bonus points.

Welcome to the board.

Old 09-03-2001, 12:45 AM
Registered

DISCLAIMER: (written by my lawyer)
First, the following tale is true and any resemblence to any ficticious person or persons, living or dead, or Traviss, is purely coincidental. Any further allegations shall be deemed property of the alligator.

This information is also copyrighted by me, Bulldog, in the US, and any violator, of that copyright, shall likewise be violated. This will occur while watching video taped sessions of Riverdance and Lord of the Dance.

Boat history lesson #1-

3000 B.C. Troglodite named OG sits on tree in water- boat is invented. Someone lurks in the shadows.

2999 B.C. Og found dead in a remote cave. Someone now dates his GF (Bertha?) and finds cave painting of new design- OG had figured out that the branches created drag. (He studied fluid dynamics- especially laminar flow - Bulldog)

2998 B.C. That someone (Hint: caveman with a gold medallion) cuts the branches off a tree. Throws it in the water and verifies it's a little faster. In a sarcastic jab, he names it the LOG (Later, OG)

2997 B.C. Same dude notices doody (Caddyshack terminology) floating downstream, pointed end first, is faster than others. He starts whittlin'. No pun here folks- he beat the crap out of all others and won the nationals on that LOG.

2996 B.C. Competitors call it the FLOG (F'n LOG) A cavedude Chris looked for and found a black monolith, tied two logs to it, and threw it in the water. It damnn near sinks, but is fast once the aerodynamics take over.

2994 B.C. Chris Cra..., I mean Chris cavedude, put steps in the logs and makes his boat even faster.

2993 B.C. New, lighter twin log version is built by a cavedude from Douglas AZ. Used a carbon-fiber monolith with balsa logs. (gotcha). It's hailed as revolutionary. Also great platform for T&A dancing at Havasu.

2992 B.C. Cavedude named Traviss pours Red Bull into the fuel tanks of his Baja and takes the sport by storm.... (another secret weapon is the leather he eats frequently.)

TO BE CONTINUED....

Ronnie aka Bulldog
Old 09-03-2001, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bulldog,

The guy who cut the tree down in 3001 B.C. you forgot too credit is the God father too the famous racer named Gar Wood, Gar log just did not sound right, and if you read the word in the good book it also talks about Mercury's but only the Gen 1's and TRS's
Old 09-03-2001, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
you know Enzo Ferrari got his inspiration for his V12 engines from seeing WW2 American officers riding around in Packard V12s surveying the troops. I guess Enzo Ferrari has nothing to be proud of at all, seeing he didnt 'invent' the V12 engine.
Old 09-03-2001, 06:03 PM
Charter Member #220
Charter Member

Cool

August 31st, 2001.......
Offshore only's new member "T2x" gives his power boat history lesson................and people believe him

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: Cutwater ]

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: Cutwater ]
Old 09-03-2001, 06:40 PM
blackhawk

I am not knowledgeable in powerboat history. But, I am knowledgeable in snowmobile history. Manufacturers are always accused of "copying" or "stealing" ideas and designs for years. EFI systems, clutching, chassis designs, motor designs, IFS was a big one. 8 years ago there were 4 different front-end suspension designs. Now there are two. Stolen? Maybe. Copied? Definitely! But the snowmobile industry would not even be close to where it is today if this didn't happen!!! I do not always agree with the "copies" but the bottom line? The customers are receiving the benefits of this "copying" and "stealing" and always will be! And I have a feeling that the powerboat industry would also not be where it is today without this "copying". I love the performance of my boat and I thank Don Aranow for all of his "copying".

Old 09-03-2001, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Blah ,blah,blah, blah !
Keep up the good work T2x !

Quick Reply: Great Moments In V Bottom History

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.