Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Houston, TX (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124715-houston-tx.html)

RedDog382 03-15-2006 12:33 PM

Re: Houston, TX

Could someone clarify for me where Clear Lake is in relation to Houston?

Wobble 03-15-2006 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Could someone clarify for me where Clear Lake is in relation to Houston?

From downtown Houston, about 15 miles SE. Basically a suburb.

Wobble 03-15-2006 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Well aware of the state tax issue, already pay more than a lion's share to Ohio and this would be another HUGE benefit. I really need to find out what qualifies one as a permanent resident of the state for tax purposes (does live aboard/RV park cut it?). May be a studio apt for awhile.

OK with the water color, too! The Maumee River here in Toledo is about the consistency of coffee from the run-off of sediment from the farm fields upriver.

Be sure to check malpractice insurance rates for Texas, not the most friendly state in the union when it comes to litigation :(

RedDog382 03-15-2006 02:14 PM

Mark,

Thanks for the direction.

Ohio is very ugly right now in terms of malpractice premiums.

Malpractice insurance is not a issue directly for me, it would be provided by my employer as part of the package.

Chris

Ms PatriYacht 03-15-2006 02:52 PM

Chris if you live in your RV you will remind me of the cute doc on Greys Anatomy :D I can't imagine you living for any lenght of time in it, what would the ladies think :eek:

MZEZ 03-15-2006 05:44 PM

Well I am surprized that no one has brought up the go fast boat clubs in the Houston suburbs. TOPPS is the big one at Conroe/Clearlake. We also have alot of suportive restraunts and businesses in/on the water that make sure there is SOMETHING going on nearly every weekend. Hmm Poker Runs all along the Gulf Coast, Florida and last but not least the boat races. Any size shape or type can be found pretty regularly.

St Luke's is a VERY well thought of system and with the Houston Medical Center,at the hub of the community down here, you could never want for work!!

I spent many (+-) years in Philadelphia (UP, PENN, Uof PA, Hermann , Hana, ) the heat is annoying but so is the ice and snow!! Perspective!

Once you get here, you'll wonder why you waited so long,,,and a little note, Alvin and Pearland are growing like wildfire medically ( and population) wise, Woodlands is $$ and already congested.

Good Luck!~!

RedDog382 03-15-2006 05:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Chris if you live in your RV you will remind me of the cute doc on Greys Anatomy :D I can't imagine you living for any lenght of time in it, what would the ladies think :eek:

Donna,

Haven't watched much of the show, usually working! :(

St. Elsewhere was more my era in undergrad/medical school.

Then there was the POS RV in the parking lot on Trapper John! :D

I was thinking something more like this:

RedDog382 03-15-2006 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
I can't imagine you living for any lenght of time in it, what would the ladies think :eek:

They could close their eyes and PRETEND I was George Clooney! :D

tomtbone1993 03-15-2006 06:11 PM

If you need any help on the north side of Houston I can help. Thats were the Woodlands is located. Lake Conroe is 10 miles north of that. As far as the TOPPS boat club. I was president of the Lake Conroe Chapter.

You can't go wrong in Houston TX :D

tomtbone1993 03-15-2006 06:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
nice RV park on Conroe :cool: