Notices

Question for everyone

Old 03-15-2006, 09:06 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Question for everyone

Will be PM'ing people today. Have a meeting but will be back online around lunch. Thanks for all the input everyone.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
eat me, gentlemen. (you know who you are)

I'm not really talking about Myco trailers. Basically, if you were gonna buy a trailer right now, who would call? where would you look?
If I was buying right now I would call Manning again. I rate them 2nd to Myco at a much easier price. If you search the folks that have owned a Manning they have nothing bad to say. I did use a Hi-Tech aluminum pulled for a friend and have never seen anything as bad! The bolts that held it together backed out and the break lines rubbed through it also flexed so bad he had to add supports to the front.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I MIGHT be interested in a triple axel Aluminum for the Nordic, but since I have a trailer now, it would have to be a killer deal.
Interesting idea.
Dean
Old 03-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i currently have a Myco for my 35 Fountain but it needs new paint and some updating. What i have been thinking about is just selling the Myco and finding a new trailer, maybe aluminum. So buyafountain i am shopping but keep in mind my situation as noted above.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or opinions as to what my better route is?

Thanks

Jay
Old 03-15-2006, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

i see it now BuyaMyco.com

jr mike
Old 03-16-2006, 05:17 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Ok, I think I sent everyone a PM who expressed interest. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be interested. I bought a used trailer for my 38' Scarab. It is in bad shape. When I bought it I was buying the boat and it was all that was available on a short notice. I am in the market for a new trailer probably an aluminum one, triple axle, with brakes on 2 or 3 axles. You can e-mail me direct at: [email protected]
Old 03-18-2006, 09:59 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Ttrying to get pricing for everyone.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I think your margin percentage on a trailer might look good but the hassles would suck. The big score is when you sell a new boat on a new trailer rather than trying to sell a new trailer to a guy with an old boat. I bought a Nextrail from the manufacturer last year and the experience was great. They built it with no deposit and had it done in 10 days. But since they are the manufacturer then they could easily reconfigure the trailer for another boat if I didn't show up whereas if you ordered it and the customer wasn't happy/ didn't show then you would be stuck.

I think more money could be made renting trailers for short periods of time since no one is doing that here in FL. I know plenty of people that lift/ dry store and they are always griping about having no mobility for poker runs/ repair work.
The trailers would have to be high quality/ durable and adjustable for different uses. I know 2 people that bought trailers last year to move their boats away from hurricanes then sold the trailers after the storms were gone because they couldn't store them when the boats got put back on the lifts. I think the trailers would pay for themselves in a short period of time and maintenance would be minimal annually. I think someone would pay $500 to rent a quality trailer for a weekend/ out of area poker run.
Trailer rental for boats...Excellent idea.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:09 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Someone did it about 10 years ago. Failed miserably I believe. Too many variables.

Quick Reply: Question for everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.