Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   THE BOARD IS DEAD!!! NAME YOUR FAVORITE ROLLER DERBY STAR!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/12481-board-dead-name-your-favorite-roller-derby-star.html)

Team Gary 09-22-2002 12:26 PM

Originally posted by IDRPSTF
Simon And Simon or Riptide?
I don't think it was Riptide. I don't rember a house boat. The "runabout" was a 30ft Kaama Scarab, that belonged to John Connor. Craig Archer did most of the stunt driving.

Mike J 09-22-2002 04:31 PM

There was some Boats and
Good Boat stunts on 77
Sunset Strip now and then.
How about the "San Pedro
Beach Bums" Starsky&Hutch
Car 54 where are you.
I remember getting on a
Bus in South Gate, Then the RED car in Huntington Park to the Colisium in LA
area to go to Roller Derby
school.
Anyone else ever ride the
RED CARS.
Mike J.

PhantomChaos 01-28-2004 03:15 PM

Dug up again. :D :D :D :D

OldSchool 01-28-2004 03:20 PM

Originally posted by 26scarab
Wasn't there a movie with James Caan or Steve Mcqueen that was about roller derby ?
I remember (sort of) seeing it when I was a little kid .

That was "Rollerball"

Waterfoul 01-28-2004 03:49 PM

Geez!! I actually remember this thread!!

At leats roller derby is real. Not like that dumb azz "sport" of big time rastlin!!!

Take that D-man!!! :drool:

DEVIL MAN 01-28-2004 04:36 PM

Now you guys have me all pumped up!!!!! The roller derby was the best.....T-Birds would be down by 12 with one minute left in the game....and here comes Little Ralphie Valaderas...following through the massive holes created by Big Johnny Johnson and Danny Reilly....four, three, two , one. buzzer and the T-Birds win by a point as they hug each other next to the penalty box. Look out Ralphie, Leroy the Badboy Gonzalez attacks Ralphie from behind while hitting him over the head repeatedly with him jammers helmet....and then Shirley Hardman *****laps Gonzales and as he lay feint on the bank track, Shirly gets Erlene Brown#747 and 400 pounds to give him a belly smash and Leroy oozes blood out the sides of his mounth. The crowd is chanting madly...Go T-Birds!!!!

Those were the days.

DMan

Reed Jensen 01-28-2004 04:45 PM

Man----oh ----- Man.... and I thought I was a fossil.... you guys are really dating yourselves now.... Roller derby..... pro wrestling.... Gorgeous George.... Crusher Kowalski..... too funny.... you guys tht can remember that stuff are waaaaaaaaay older than me.! :D

PhantomChaos 01-28-2004 06:36 PM

Originally posted by Reed Jensen
Man----oh ----- Man.... and I thought I was a fossil........ you guys tht can remember that stuff are waaaaaaaaay older than me.! :D

Well..............you hit that nail on the head!!!! DMAN is just that.

And the "D" stands for Older Than Dirt. :D :D :D

Comanche3Six 01-28-2004 06:56 PM

Reggie Fountain alias "The Midget Pimp"

Mike J 01-28-2004 07:01 PM

DMAN I remeber the
Roller Derby days,
But I switched to a
Different sport at
a Place called ASCOT
Park.
Remember Flat track,
T T Racing, I still