Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Formula Boats Plant Tour April 1st!! All are welcome to join.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/124948-formula-boats-plant-tour-april-1st-all-welcome-join.html)

Magic Medicine 03-31-2006 04:51 PM

Re: Formula Boats Plant Tour April 1st!! All are welcome to join..

Originally Posted by Wally
whats the quickest way of getting there? Should i stay on I-90 to 69? or should i take US-30 from Valperaiso?? taking US-30 cuts almost 50 miles off the trip....but i dont know what the roads like......lots of stops?? towns? lower speed limits???

Watch your speed on 30 its a huge speed trap! Especially when they see those Illinois plates!

bouyhunter 03-31-2006 05:02 PM

Any ideas on driving from Cincinnati?
Mapquest gave me some country road through Indiana, but I'm thinking running up 75 and cutting across might be a better deal.

dukenrock 03-31-2006 05:12 PM

They're located off of Rt 27 in Decatur Indiana. Whatever is the best way to get to Rt 27N from you would be the best bet. Follow 27N into Decatur and turn Left (West) onto 224.

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Any ideas on driving from Cincinnati?
Mapquest gave me some country road through Indiana, but I'm thinking running up 75 and cutting across might be a better deal.

baronmarine 03-31-2006 06:28 PM

i hope you guys have fun. sheri and i have to miss it the twins b - day party.
is donna and ian going???????
todd
ps: someone pat mark on the back for me. welcome to the dads club.where boating is less and stress is more.

Doug 03-31-2006 08:32 PM

bouyhunter, 275 to the Colerain exit go north a few miles and pick up 27. I used to live in Milford and went that way to where I live now. It's a longggggggggggg boring ride. I think 75N to Wapakonera, west on 33 and then pick up 29 should bring you just south of Dectur is the fastest for you.

bouyhunter 04-02-2006 09:59 AM

Did the tour yesterday.
I walked away VERY impressed.
After seeing how they build them and the amount of qaulity checks, as well as the processes in place to acheive "repeatabilty" of all parts, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Formula.
It's still a "Hand-Built" boat, but with the jig's and processes they use, each model is consistent.
I was surprised to see how the production lines run. They have Cruisers being built right next to Fastech's - I think that say's something about there quality across the board of all range of boats.

I didn't stay for dinner and the bar crawl, (two dog's waiting at home...).
The Chicago guy's were a great bunch - wish I coulda stayed to party. Great meeting up with all you guys up there. If any of ya have 2 open seats for the Poker Run this year, Jody and I are getting in line now.

And, I apologize, my DUMBAZZ forgot the camera. The other guys have pics that I'm sure will be posted later.

If you get the oppurtunity to do the tour, I recomend it.
Almost 3 hours to go through the whole facility - I was really glad they had the head installed on the 37 cruiser :eek:

bouyhunter 04-02-2006 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Doug
bouyhunter, 275 to the Colerain exit go north a few miles and pick up 27. I used to live in Milford and went that way to where I live now. It's a longggggggggggg boring ride. I think 75N to Wapakonera, west on 33 and then pick up 29 should bring you just south of Dectur is the fastest for you.

Yeah - 27 is a Longgggggggg boring ride.

When they say Decatur IN is in the middle of no-where, they are wrong. It's slightly North of no-where - I know this now.

Kinda funny, we got to Decatur about an hour early, so we stopped at a sportsbar for a beer. Half way through my beer, the bartender says "So, where Y'all from??"
I guess it must have been obvious that we were not locals, if we were, I would have either been his cousin or brother.

Rippem 04-02-2006 02:35 PM

Pics!!!

STUCK 04-02-2006 06:53 PM

My dad and I enjoyed the tour also and I would like to thank the Chicago club in letting me go with them on the tour. I wish I had a bigger boat to join you guys but my 236 just isn't big enough for Michigan on most of the day but maybe next year I'll be in a bigger boat. I also want to thank Formula for letting us come in. I enjoyed meeting everyone and hopefully I'll meet you again sometime on the water.

bouyhunter 04-02-2006 07:58 PM

STUCK - good to meet you and your Dad up there.
Maybe we'll cross water again sometime soon. Good luck in that search for a bigger ride.
I'm just searching for a bigger bank account...
:rolleyes: