Notices

ocean express

Old 12-23-2001, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I cant make it lighter sooooo......bigger power= more speed = back on schedule. Lets see christmas present to myself intercoolers.
Old 12-23-2001, 07:28 PM
Registered

Adam......wanted to wish you your brother and your dad a Happy Holidays and trying to make it up to see you guys over the holidays. Tizbad4 couldnt find any headliner material sorry! let me know if I can help with anything else.Tryed to call you phatkat&Nagivator, if I dont get a hold of you have a good Holiday hope to see you both over the Holidays.phatkat maybe a pair of 1100`s under the tree hope hope!
Old 12-25-2001, 10:15 PM
Nagivator

Sylvester ever heard of pipe dreams 1100 what's? Happy Holidays to you and yours.Catch you later K

[ 12-25-2001: Message edited by: Nagivator ]

Old 12-26-2001, 11:12 AM
Registered

so adam, whats a good coating for the interior of the cats, (inside the cabin and under the rear seat)..to cover over the resin and to smooth out the fiberglass and make it easy to clean....
Old 12-27-2001, 08:29 PM
suncat

Arrow

Sylvester, thanks, and hope you had a good holiday
Slick Nick, if you really want it smooth then you can do one of two things, the first method (the one that I prefer, but its not always possible to do) is to scuff the area good with a grinder (36grit)(an angle die grinder w/ roloc 3" pads works good) and then to apply a light layer of matting and then go over it while still wet with a light veiling of cheesecloth (looks like woven roving only extremely fine, about 3 or 4 oz cloth) no need for overlaps, just apply, wait for it to kick and then gelcoat or paint right over it (paint will get rid of the resiny smell better than gel, and won't ever get sticky)
The second (and easier) method is to simply scuff the area, and then slick it with mud (bondo, putty, filler, etc) then use a DA and 80 or 150 grit, then paint over the top.
I guess you could also just gel it multiple times, sanding in between each coat, but I prefer the first two ways over that.
Well, hope that I helped, gotta go, my fingers are tired of typing. Check back soon.

Old 12-28-2001, 10:21 AM
Registered

Cool

THANKS ADAM, MY BUDDYS THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY, BUT YOU SAID THE SAME THING WE WERE TALKING ABOUT...WITH LAYING UP A LIGHT GLASS OVER TOP TO SMOOTH IT OUT...I TRY AND GET SOME PICS POSTED OF THIS PROJECT.
Old 12-28-2001, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nick, If you use dura-tec clear mixed with your gel you will get a smooth non tacky finish,if you dont it will always stay slightly tacky and if you use a wax additive it will stay dull and will be hard to clean. Spark.
Old 12-28-2001, 09:17 PM
suncat

Arrow

Nick, duratec (you really like that duraclear dont ya spark...)also makes a product called base primer (707-051) which is basically sprayable bondo, if you brush, roll, or spray a heavy coat of that, you can sand it down and paint over it, but for aggressive, deep weaves like heavier knytex, or johnston composites, or especially woven roving, I would go with the light veiling, although it will add a small amount of weight, it will give the best results.
Hey spark, any luck on selling your boat?
Hey 46tomcat, I heard a rumor the other day that shortly after your 46 was delivered, you had severe delaminations on the deck? Any truth to that, or was it merely the dreaded "skaterhater" gossip?

Old 12-29-2001, 09:59 AM
Registered

hey guys thanks for the hints,HEY SPARK, what happened to bobs motors...i spent a load of money on them,they where troy dennis motors with a rebuild on them with dyno time only when i sold bob the boat!!!!
Old 12-29-2001, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
adam,just the rumer mill had no problems boat is perfect.

Quick Reply: ocean express

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.