Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ocean express (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/12517-ocean-express.html)

boot 01-10-2002 07:58 PM

Hey Adam , THat sounds like a good place to run a diesel powered boat ,"SMOKE" on the water !! :D

Just kiddin !

SlickNick 01-10-2002 08:02 PM

hey adam,what is a 1988 39' considered?, and how heavy is it?

suncat 01-11-2002 08:01 AM

Hey boot, believe me when I say that my brother and I have gone around with my dad on putting the first 49' out their with diesels in it. He had a point though, because at the last SotW, Sorcerer hurt both engines, We popped an engine on our dealer demo entry, and several other hi-end, big power boats were sidelined (cat can do blew up a #6!! OUCH!)So if you took about 10 years worth of poker running with the 49' with diesels, you MIGHT spend about what any one of the those guys (or us) spent for just that weekend. And who can put a price on the satisfaction of knowing you entering, ran with the head of the pack and finished every poker run you wanted to run?
Hey slick, I'm going to say that was when we first changed our laminate schedule (lightened it a bit) and started playing around with pre-treated balsa cores and started using some vinylester resins, so theres a good chance that your boat is right about where it needs to be.(As long as it never got super wet and was never given a chance to dry out properly, they only get heavier, not lighter!)
Later,
A
;)

SlickNick 01-11-2002 11:03 AM

ADAM THE BOAT IS BALSA CORED, SO IAM SAFE IN SAYING THAT THE BOAT IS AROUND 10K LBS?

suncat 01-11-2002 12:48 PM

Nick, yeah, you could be safe in assuming that weight. Whats interesting is when we were building both the 39's and 48's around the same timeframe, that they would weigh within about 500lbs of one another when rigged similarily. I guess what you lost in length on the 39' you picked up in width.
Check out www.H20performance.com I posted an ad with our new canopy 38' on it under boats for sale Express Cats.
later
A ;)

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: Adam Focht ]

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Adam Focht ]

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: Adam Focht ]

boot 01-11-2002 01:35 PM

YOur link won't work Adam ,TAke the comma off the end of it .

I got to the site but it didn't bring up pictures , :(

Adam ,I think the diesel idea is great if you can find enough power and still be light enough. What type and size diesels are you doing ?

Nagivator 01-11-2002 08:05 PM

Hey Dave the thread is still going strong. Lucky for you there is no Ocean Express link in the boat section.... ;) I don't care how old our boat is or how fast it isn't,we've worked long and hard to get it and I like it(can you tell I'm a female :cool: )

jbusseym3 01-11-2002 08:19 PM

Adam. Do you still build the 25 cat. I saw 25 on you web-site, and how much to the run. I will be in the market for a cat 25 or smaller after i sell the magnum

suncat 01-11-2002 09:11 PM

Boot, were going to run yanmar 500hp/1000ftlbs torque diesels w/ an overdrive, two speed ZF trans into our new fixed shaft drive
system.
Hey Magnum, yes, we still do the 25's on a per order basis. Email me and I'll send you any info that you need. Thanks all
A
;)

tizbad4 01-12-2002 12:57 AM

I think with 297 post we should have ower own
Ocean Express forum in the boat section :p :) :D