Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ocean express (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/12517-ocean-express.html)

suncat 01-15-2002 10:35 PM

Dave, I thought that I did take the comma off, but for some reason it didn't work, and as far as where the pictures are, I have (2) different 2002 posts their, so make sure your reading the canopy one (and if not, then I'll have to get with H20 and get them to fix it)
Boatless - we designed the 49' to accept a trimax drive, an arneson (with no chaincase)and for our surface drive system which will be very simple (and cheaper than the other two!) We still have a few things to do with the fabricator, but the castings for the strut are done and ready to be picked up.
We're in the process right now of having a rudder built and designing the mounting bracket and figuring out the steering (dual ram of course) system. We don't know whether or not we'll be able to incorporate a water pickup on the back of the rudder to feed both motors. We should know more closer to spring.
Dave, I'll get some pictures of the new deflector / dash as soon as I'm done building the mold (next couple of days)
By the way, anyone catch the article on the Fiore's in Feb powerboat, it was a great article, and I take my hat off to both Paul and Mike Fiore. The boatbuilding business is highly stressful, and to do it with family is very difficult. I met Mike at the Metro boat show a few years back (with a monster 4 engine 50' - very nice, very$$$) and he seemed like a straight up guy.
Well, talk at ya later!
A
;)

boot 01-15-2002 11:49 PM

Hey Adam , When are you going to update your site and give us some cool stuff to see ?

Team baja has a great idea with posting pictures of all the Baja owners boats .Maybe you could do something like it ? :cool:

suncat 01-16-2002 09:02 PM

Hey boot, were in the process of completely redoing our site. We are going to a completely new format, with a virtual ride in each cat from 31' and up. It will be alot more interactive than our current site, and we will have an area where we will periodically post new stuff that we are working on. Look for the new site in about 2-3 months.
Later,
Adam
;)

Nagivator 01-17-2002 10:34 PM

Hey Madcow...You asked what's with OE ...Like Spock said to Macoy..You have to die to have a frame of reference to talk about what death was like...WHEN YOU FINALLY RIDE IN A CAT...(Now I'm not saying a Sonic is bad here) but when you finally ride in a cat you'll understand. Or as the saying goes"Don't knock it til you've tried it" :D

SlickNick 01-18-2002 05:15 PM

HEY ADAM, LEAVE MY 39 PICS IN YOUR WEB SITE, ITS THE WHITE WITH PURPLE AND GREY, WITH THE BIG SEATS UP FRONT.... :D :D

suncat 01-18-2002 08:22 PM

Hey slick, if I'm able to do what I want (which is hard in a father and son type situation)I'd like to have a owners rides type of post area where we would post pictures of anyones express that was interested and I would even like to do a used area for express owners trying to sell there boats.
O.K. I've got a question for all the Express (Image, Ocean Express, etc- basically anyone owning a focht designed boat)owners out there. What do you guys think about having an Express owners only event, in Lake St Clair sometime in the near future? Maybe even a poker run for Express' only??? Just an idea, let me know what you think.
Thanks,
later
Adam
;)

vonwolske 01-18-2002 08:41 PM

Adam, I would go for the idea and I don't even own one. Also, despite the fact I live in Texas, I think it would make for a great run, however, you do need a good photographer to record all the activities, and the owners with their boats.

tizbad4 01-18-2002 10:00 PM

Adam I think it's a great idea where do I sign up at? Any parts yet? :cool:

Rik 01-19-2002 01:21 AM

Adam, is OE copying the Buzzi Drive or the Arneson Drive?

Sylvester 01-19-2002 10:10 AM

Adam......sounds like a good idea party at your dads place after, on the island, think he will buy it or is this going to be a covert opperation just kidding !I like the idea of the web site to. Are you guys having a tent set up at SMOKE ON THE WATER this year...........John.