Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Spy pics of the new Dragon!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/125236-spy-pics-new-dragon.html)

EricT 03-19-2006 01:56 PM

Re: Spy pics of the new Dragon!!

Not a big fan of...dare I say it...Pink. At least this one will be rigged properly form the beginning. :eek: :mad:

OldSchool 03-19-2006 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Hey dude, maybe you should grow up a little...... :D

Git em Craig! :drink:

:D :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

birdog 03-19-2006 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by customryder
perhaps you should call someone that don't sell \ make them, :drink: my point was the boat is underpowered with the 525 & sixes. maybe its a race boat? that is required to run that way.

Since nobody ever told you....The #6 boat has big teague power....The 525 pic was a diff. boat.{Post #3} :D

customryder 03-19-2006 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by birdog
Since nobody ever told you....The #6 boat has big teague power....The 525 pic was a diff. boat.{Post #3} :D

maybe I'm missing something... i thought Erics boat was blue?

thisistank 03-19-2006 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by EricT
Not a big fan of...dare I say it...Pink. At least this one will be rigged properly form the beginning. :eek: :mad:

WOW, Eric from left field....Did Gregg call you??

thisistank 03-19-2006 02:41 PM

maybe I'm missing something... i thought Erics boat was blue?

Erics boat IS the blue one, only one pic of Erics boat. The pic of the staggard 525's IS from the red Dragon.

customryder 03-19-2006 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by EricT

Care to elaborate?

thisistank 03-19-2006 02:44 PM

Care to elaborate?

No, he doesn't........... :p

customryder 03-19-2006 02:47 PM

from the pix the red dragon has a different bottom? almost like a pad at the rear?

Roger 1 03-19-2006 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
That is NOT correct. I got tired of hearing that crap and contacted Mercury Racing. I got a return call from the head engineer of the #6 program and talked with him for a good 20 minutes. He told me that, according to their research, a #6 dry-sump eats up 12 HP at 6000rpm's. A wet-sump drive eats up about 35 HP more than the dry-sump. Of course you have to add the HP loss from a transmission to this as well, but I would say that it is safe to assume that a dry sump setup would eat up less than the 30 HP that a Bravo does. I heard that the Spiderman Skater actually picked up speed by swapping to #6's. ;) :cool:

I believe that the ''X'' dimension is higher as well to allow them to be ''surfaced'' resulting in less drag than a bravo.