Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ok best small 21 -25 ft boat!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/125279-ok-best-small-21-25-ft-boat.html)

thedonz 03-21-2006 11:29 PM

Re: ok best small 21 -25 ft boat!!

that's not my boat; i never said it was i was just questioning about what it said that it goes 90 mph even with a procharger is hard to believe but then again you never know

jr mike

Dregsz 03-22-2006 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by noboat
It has a Procharger on it.

Nice, that would make a difference.
I'd want one with a blown big block and a black Hawk too.
I loved my Donzi, too bad it had no storage for even a towel.

Dregsz 03-22-2006 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by thedonz
that's not my boat; i never said it was i was just questioning about what it said that it goes 90 mph even with a procharger is hard to believe but then again you never know

jr mike

I wasn't harrassing you.
There is a stock 496/Bravo 1 package a 2006 model at the dealership right now and they are only claiming 65 mph for the boat.

Dregsz 03-22-2006 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
I thought I had an offshore boat with PREDATOR. :rolleyes: :D

I've seen some good looking Pachanga's that even come to the poker runs. Don't mind me, I'm just a smart ass, I like offshore Vee hulls w 24* deadrise, flat decks and bolsters. Pachangas and 22-24' Chris crafts fall into a catagory that I would describe in my book, more as "performance styled runabouts" then true offshore boats. Anything commomly equipped with Alpha drives as an option are right off my list.

Dregsz 03-22-2006 12:43 AM

In the event that anyone actually reads this far I'll offer my 2 cents beyond, "Buy my boat, it's the best"

There is a big difference between 21/22 and 24/25 foot boats it's actually a different class in my book.
Very few offshore styled 22 foot boats have cuddy cabins. Other then the single outboat class of Superboats et all, you don't see many boats that size racing. Except for the very hardcore participants, you seldom see small boats at poker runs or running full out, 65+ mph in any chop over 1'.
The smaller boats don't span waves well and aren't as much fun in bigger water.
At 24/25' you start seeing truer offshore performance, wave span, the ability to run hard in good size chop, the ability to stand up in bolsters take a pounding with your feet and run the boat.
At 24/25' you are still talking about baby offshore boats.
If you like to run hard and fast in 2+ foot chop. you'll be ready for a 28-30' boat fairly soon.
I know I am, (actually looking for a 30' Cat)
25' boats look big on a trailer, but get smaller fast, when you put them in water.
I would only be looking at 22' or less if you run in very protected water.
If you plan to run hard in bigger water, look at 24'+ and a boat with a little weight.

Dave M 03-22-2006 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by noboat
Bravo 1 is 5-7 mph slower than the Blackhawk on average.

Maybe true with the 22 Donzi but not all hulls. I have a test report on for a 24 Superboat. Test 1, 502/BH, Test 2, 502/B1, the Bravo 1 was 2-3 MPH faster.

Pantera1 03-22-2006 08:10 AM

My brother has a 22 Pachanga ..very nice boat !
It hits 62 with a 350 mag.

cuposterchild 03-22-2006 09:37 AM

Right now I have both a 24 Superboat and 22 Pachanga. It all depends on what you want to do with the boats...If you are running big water then pantera superboat, etc. In lakes and less open water than a Pachanga is a good boat that has the potential for good speed numbers. I think the pachanga is a great riding little boat whose design is way ahead of its time....that said my P22 is for sale with 89 hours on motor, custom trailer and VERY Clean if anyone is interested. Would like to keep both but just one to many boats than I can handle right now. PM or email me if interested

Airpacker 03-22-2006 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Dregsz
May I suggest somthing that resembles an offshore boat?

Hey Bob, do you think Predator really resembles an "offshore" boat? :D

PS, get a 25 Daytona and then there will be 3 of us to play tag on the Muskoka lakes this summer. :)

Mike Paula 03-22-2006 10:39 AM

I see these Threads and never see any one speak up for my boat. A 251 GTX Checkmate. It is one of the best smaller rough water boat I have ridden in. IMOP
Mike