Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Names of some of the best boat riggers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/125598-names-some-best-boat-riggers.html)

DirtyMoney 03-23-2006 08:01 PM

Re: Names of some of the best boat riggers

Originally Posted by Jassman
I'm looking at possibly getting into a joint venture buying a mold and want the back half the boat to be done extremely proessional. I'm looking at a trip diesel application and surface drives. Something like WickedOne engine comartment s what I'm after, that to me is one of my favorites. Thanks Jeff

What mold???

ToTheMax 03-23-2006 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Some of the nicest, most anally retentive rigging I have seen comes out of Double R performance's shop up here in Ontario. Long winters leave the boys lots of time to spend on the details.

I have to agree, I've seen several of their boats and they look just awesome, both inside and out. Even though its been mild up here this winter, I'm sure nothing's been spared!

Jassman 03-23-2006 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by rbr2328
What mold???

Cant say at the moment.

A lot of name out there, JD was mentioned the most, but I will check them out incl Mystic. Thanks Jeff

357sr1man 03-23-2006 08:39 PM

Jim Dyke I believe still in lakeside ohio , Bobby Moore..Miami florida,Both of these guy have got many offshore championship under there belt.

C_Spray 03-23-2006 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
I agree with everyone mentioned above, and would like to add the boys at Cigarette. The dean of the list, Bobby Moore, gave birth to the science of 'fancy damn riggin'', along with Jack Stuteville.

...And Bobby's still at it on a limited basis in the backwoods of eastern NC. Not to take anything away from the other names on the list, but don't confuse fancy paint 'n' stuff with real rigging. ('Course Brownie's done some pretty neat stuff in his day, too...)

Airentrapment 03-23-2006 08:58 PM

Andrew And John Ingle of Ingle marine in St Pete Fl, When those Brothers put thier heads together things turn out awesome. The sting, a 32B 4 engine skater is a work of art...

SCARABJ 03-23-2006 10:33 PM

John Pompi of marine performance.... and Gary Stray

Marginmn 03-23-2006 11:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GeoGraphics
I will have to agree with Jim Dyke also. The Popeye race boat is very nice. Sorry, I almost forgot about the guys at Platinum.

That gives me a great deal of comfort because Jim Dyke and Mike are in the process of rigging my Fountain with Ilmor power. To our knowledge, running Ilmors in a Fountain something that has never been done before, and Jim and Mike have gone out of their way to be thorough and insure that the project will be a success.

I am very happy that these are the guys rigging my boat.

Jim and Mike are putting