Notices

Why would Anyone

Old 03-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Why would Anyone

Yes, its difficult to find someone with a BROKERED boat to talk to you about a trade. Got something to do with economics, some companies need to make a profit to stay in business. However, he could have been a bit more polite, explained how it works. After all, if you sold your boat to a private party you could have come back and bought his brokered boat, if he hadn't shot himself in the foot.
Q: Is a boat on consignment considered a brokered boat?
Old 03-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Registered

SOME dealers are scum, I called Mark Miller at Miller Marine in Norfolk VA today about buying a pontoon boat that I wanted to use for work in my marina,he told the boat was in good shape except for a small rivit hole that I could patch. so I drove 2hrs to see the boat, when I got there I looked at the hull from 10 feet away I could see alot of corotion ,I got on the ground and saw patches and holes. WHAT A SCUMBAG!!! Thing is he' gona stick some poor sole with this boat!! A pressure washer would have blown holes I could stick my arm in.

Last edited by rush; 03-23-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Registered

unfortunately there are a lot of aholes in this business, luckily it is a small community and alot of us talk to each other.....
Old 03-24-2006, 05:04 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Wrink,

If I were too loose weight in my boat to make it faster, where would I put my engines? You know having TWEEKED 500 EFI'S are just not enough POWER for some. Even for those dealers that are trying to sell someone a boat in their inventory that has 496's. GET MY POINT!!
Old 03-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drag 'N' Ass
Hey Wrink,

If I were too loose weight in my boat to make it faster, where would I put my engines? You know having TWEEKED 500 EFI'S are just not enough POWER for some. Even for those dealers that are trying to sell someone a boat in their inventory that has 496's. GET MY POINT!!
George says, "shoot'm all" & let the marine ghouls sort'm out!!!
Old 03-24-2006, 05:49 PM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Drag N

I just received a phone call from the owner of Hideaway who is interested in knowing who exactly this salesperson was so it can be dealt with accordingly. I see that this question has been asked several times with no answer.

He also extended an invitation to call him directly if you are interested in purchasing a boat or to discuss your bad experience. His name is Pierre and he can be reached at Hideaways main office or you can e-mail me and he told me I can give you his cell phone number.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Registered

I've personally purchased 2 boats from Hideaway, a 50 Hustler and a 30 Scarab Sport, within the last year and have been very pleased with all aspects of the deal. Pierre is a straight up guy and I'm sure he'll get it dealt with.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Drag N

I just received a phone call from the owner of Hideaway who is interested in knowing who exactly this salesperson was so it can be dealt with accordingly. I see that this question has been asked several times with no answer.

He also extended an invitation to call him directly if you are interested in purchasing a boat or to discuss your bad experience. His name is Pierre and he can be reached at Hideaways main office or you can e-mail me and he told me I can give you his cell phone number.
Wow, look what the power of OSO can do for you. Even if you don't buy the boat form them take the opportunity to talk to the dealer so this problem can be resolved. As far as some of the car salesmen/ boat salesmen comments I take offense to that. I think there is alot of sterotyping in that statement. I you feel that way you are obviously going to the wrong dealer or buying from the wrong person!
Old 03-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Drag N

There ya go . Sounds like the owner is concerned.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Registered

Drag N

sounds like a good deal is your future

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.