Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Relocating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/125716-relocating.html)

CigDaze 06-01-2006 07:58 AM

Re: Relocating

Originally Posted by masher44
Originally Posted by devastation
You are the retard that suggested that someone relocate to york PA.I am almost 40,been around,lots of travel,went there for a new harley,and have never been to a more depressing,old run down sh1t hole of a town.you have got to be kidding.There is no good side of town the whole place sucks just like you.what could the median income be of that town?to suggest to someone even to visit,you deserve to have your three remaining teeth knocked in.jesus christ you are messed up

:evilb: :evilb:

That might make someone a great signature line.
:D :evilb:

Turbojack 06-01-2006 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Hey Adam!

Both you and your wife would be very happily and gainfully employed in Texas, without ever a worry about finding work. Paramedics(any medical professional, in general) are always in high demand, and qualified electricians and electrical contractors and even more in demand - housing and new construction is going absolutely nuts in FL.

Warm weather, lots of sun, lots of water, tell her to move her butt down here with you. :D

And the same for Texas. Don't believe me?, just ask Clay.

chuck21401 06-01-2006 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by NRG
Florida? South florida is unaffordable for the average worker. Housing is in the $300k range for something realistic in the 3/2. Of course, for the high $100's you can live by the tracks. Think income versus cost of living and cut to the chase! Everything has a tradeoff and the grass is NOT always greener after we get there!
Good Luck

It depends on where you live. My parents move from MD to FL 10 years ago. They love it, though every time I talk to them they complain about how hot it is. In the same breath he likes to tell me how Florida doesn't have an income tax.

Anyway my old man has taken up a new hobby...building and selling houses. He doesn't actually build them, but rather finances and manages the construction. Right now he has a nice house for sale for $200K south of Bradenton, Florida. The real estate market in that area has slowed down quite a bit recently so the prices are coming back to earth. As part of his "job" he deals with subcontractors. An electrician could do quite well in Florida...as well as anywhere else in the country where there is a housing boom. But if you wife doesn't want to go then that's a problem!

JCPERF 02-10-2007 11:48 AM

ttt:evilb:

Ms PatriYacht 02-10-2007 12:54 PM

too bad most of the really good posts are gone:D

Treads 02-10-2007 01:30 PM

Just read all the posts. Sounded like a good read...then I looked at the date (duh):rolleyes: ....

York where?

masher44 02-11-2007 10:25 PM

:evilb: