Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat won't be ready for Sarasota. Help!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/125769-boat-wont-ready-sarasota-help.html)

warlocking 03-25-2006 11:24 AM

Re: Boat won't be ready for Sarasota. Help!!!

Originally Posted by Chuck
The Sonic we were going to run in the Sarasota run is getting a Konrad conversion and the fiberglass guy doing the transom work isn't going to be able to have it done in time :mad: Is there a place that rents high performance boats near Sarasota??? We have the hotel rooms, beer,airline tickets, poker run registration, and 6 guys ready to make this run. My boat is still in storage and I really don't feel like pulling it 1500 miles, if there is another solution to our problem. Any suggestons?????? Thanks

we are pulling ours down from new york with a few others as well,,,get in our convoy???let me know billy

BLee 03-25-2006 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by warlocking
we are pulling ours down from new york with a few others as well,,,get in our convoy???let me know billy

That sounds like the best option to me!

Chuck 03-25-2006 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by warlocking

I would be starting in Saratoga and can't take I-95 because of all the briges initially. What route are you taking, and when are you leavin? Bumming six seats just seems easier. I'm over-width for the bridges.

Chuck 03-25-2006 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
What about Aqua Toy Store over on that "other coast" ? LOL
I would think that what a rental would cost including hauling , prep, fuel, insurance, cleanup and haul back would be in the stratosphere. Also who pays when it breaks ? Better just to jump on with some of us and save yourself a lot of hassle. :D

Other than new I haven't seen anything there I would pay to rent the last couple of trips down :rolleyes:

plumbers crack 03-25-2006 04:01 PM

I have 2 open seats for any oso member,If you cant get your rig together or plans fall through.Just Pm me.No rainbow flags please.

warlocking 03-25-2006 04:04 PM

I would be starting in Saratoga and can't take I-95 because of all the briges initially. What route are you taking, and when are you leavin? Bumming six seats just seems easier. I'm over-width for the bridges.

we are taking outerbridge to 440 to jtp---95 south,we are leaving wend.night (we have the 30' activator).

waterheater 03-25-2006 04:39 PM

...still in storage and I really don't feel like pulling it 1500 miles...?????? Thanks

Take it like a man and pull the pig all the way!!!

GLH :D

BZ 03-25-2006 09:20 PM

we are leaving Tuesday from Chi-Town approx 1200 miles then it's game on.....just tow it......BZ

warlocking 03-25-2006 09:24 PM

cant wait to test & tune on friday.....80 degrees :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

Chuck 03-26-2006 05:54 PM

Well I spoke to the guy where the boat is being stored, and getting it out early won't be a problem. Its starting to look like I'm going to have to make the tow.