Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whos in Ftb Myers/Cape Coral with smaller boats? >

Whos in Ftb Myers/Cape Coral with smaller boats?

Notices

Whos in Ftb Myers/Cape Coral with smaller boats?

Old 03-27-2006, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whos in Ftb Myers/Cape Coral with smaller boats?

Anybody in the area with a "performance" boat thats not 40 plus ft and a zillion horsepower? The big boyz are all around, sound and look great, but some of us can't keep up with them. Those of us not so blessed are left out. So, are there any boaters here that have boats that are 30' or less? If so, who are you and where are you?
Old 03-27-2006, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Whos in Ftb Myers/Cape Coral with smaller boats?

Originally Posted by AGGRAVATION28
Anybody in the area with a "performance" boat thats not 40 plus ft and a zillion horsepower? The big boyz are all around, sound and look great, but some of us can't keep up with them. Those of us not so blessed are left out. So, are there any boaters here that have boats that are 30' or less? If so, who are you and where are you?
Check in on and make posting on our Ft Meyers Offshore thread found under Poker Runs and Gatherings. We try to have a fun run once a month and there is a full range of boats. It is not all about speede but is about having fun. When some of the big guys give it a rip they will back off or come off plane till the back of the pack catches up. In the group there is 28' Sunsation, a Panterra, lots of Baja's and some smaller Fountains as well. We have a fun run planned for April 22nd from Ft Meyers to Keywayden and Marco Islands. See details on the thread and hope you can join us. A great way to get to know area boaters.
Bob
Old 03-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Aggrevation,used to do all the repair work for Sport Boats on san carlose on the way to the beach untell i retired in 2004 and i think he sold a thousand 27 Bajas,at least it seemed like it.Theirs enough around the area,just have to track them down.Most of the 27 to 30ft run around 70 give or take a little.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Registered

Bob, thanks for the invitation..just might try it.

Mel, thats what I'm trying to do now...track them down. So, where are you guys? I've seen a few of you, including a 30 scarab panther in cape coral, but no chance to meet him.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Aggravation28, We have our 32' Active Thunder in S.E. Cape, we just need to get down there now. We have family in Marco and Goodland so we're Looking forward to some exploring.

Steve
Old 03-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is what i used to run in the cape, it worked out good
Attached Thumbnails Whos in Ftb Myers/Cape Coral with smaller boats?-my-hustler-sarasota.jpg  
Old 03-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rockman
The World Famous Blondes Preferred boat was in Cape Coral. We are off the Rubican Canel. We were down for six weeks. We are now back in Ky freezing are butts off. I am ready to come back down. I need to get back to the Leaping Lizard's and have some more sea food gumbo. Can't get it up here in Ky this cold weather sucks.
Attached Thumbnails Whos in Ftb Myers/Cape Coral with smaller boats?-dsc_0089%5B2%5D.jpg  
Old 03-27-2006, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

[QUOTE=AGGRAVATION28]Bob, thanks for the invitation..just might try it.

These pics are at Keywayden Island where we are going for a beach party. It is between Naples and Marco. Pack a lunch and beverage[s] of choice. Some from the Ft Meyers / Cape Coral area have not seen much of the waters around Marco so in the early afternoon I am going to take those interested on a tour completely around the Island. There are some interesting unmarked waters south of Marco. That will take about an hour then we are going to find a waterfront bar/rest to go to before heading back up tp Ft Meyers and the Cape. Bring you friends. Open to all. Leaving the Sanibel Bridge at 10:00 am Sat. April 22nd.
Attached Thumbnails Whos in Ftb Myers/Cape Coral with smaller boats?-p1000349-1-.jpg   Whos in Ftb Myers/Cape Coral with smaller boats?-p1000350-1-.jpg  
Old 03-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Aggravation28, We (My father and I) have our 38 formula in S.E. Cape just off the rubicon. It is over your 30' or less requirement, but it is slow compared to everything else down here! No one cares about top speed down here. We are all out just to have fun! So if you are in the area stop bye and say hi.

Don
Attached Thumbnails Whos in Ftb Myers/Cape Coral with smaller boats?-p1010013.jpg  

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 03-28-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to go back down to the cape, I have a nice place down there with a boat lift and I have been letting someone else enjoy it for 2 years now.