Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The time has finally come for Shore. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/125981-time-has-finally-come-shore.html)

US1 Fountain 03-27-2006 09:05 PM

Re: The time has finally come for Shore.

Had a buddy that had the 19' Villian. Very nice boat. Another friend had the 22'Villian. I forget the I, II, or III disignation on them. The 22' was my 1st time in a BB boat. I thought that was the chits then! Both where great boats, but considerably smaller than what you are looking at and also just single motors. Since your buddy has a 250 and you only plan on towing a few times per yr. might consider that as a tow option. I have no opinion on your vehicle itself. Just not familar with them.
Good luck!

Payton 03-27-2006 09:07 PM

Hey Shore, welcome back
As far as towing with the Denalli, go for it. You aren't that much over. Get a wieght didtributing hitch. That will help a lot. Some recevers show a 1000 lb additional towing capacity with it.

inbetween 03-27-2006 09:15 PM

Pulled our Formula 311 (10-11K#) with a '99 Escalade, same as the Denali.. Would not recommend that for regular towing duty. Just went back and forth to ramp 4mi or so each way. Probably did that 20 times? Wouldn't/didn't pull any farther. Also had to use 4Lo to get up ramp. Now using F250SD 4x4 Powerstroke - much better, (although the wife doesn't think so :D ). Just make sure, whatever you use, it's capable of stopping the load.

Shorgasm 03-27-2006 09:49 PM

My local ramp is right down the street..The St Johns ramp is about 45 miles away but this would only happen a few times a year and even then we would have all the time in the world...The guy that owns it used an H2 the last time and it was overkill...Another owner was using a 90 dually and says that is waaaay plenty to tow.

RHC 03-27-2006 09:50 PM

Hey Shore,, Welcome back,, The Denali will do just fine ,, make sure the trailor brakes work,,, we do about 150-175 miles each way with a 34 foot cat ,, about 9000lbs all summer long ,, no problems ,,, just make sure ya can stop it all !!!! Good luck ,,

RHC

formula31 03-27-2006 10:04 PM

Looks great, solid boats if the transom is ok. Rubber mallet and have at it listening for different sounds. Congrats.

Shorgasm 03-28-2006 10:35 AM

Thx guys, We are gonna leave her in a bit and check it out..if all goes good then we'll bring her back.. :D

Tantrum 03-28-2006 10:41 AM

Shor....it will be good to have you back.
Pay a few extra bucks and get it surveyed to make sure the hull and transom are sound. No matter how nice a guy the seller is he may not know weather there is any moisture damage.
Good luck.
:drink:

fund razor 03-28-2006 10:50 AM

Towing, umkay.

Launching umkay...

Recovering.... that's gonna be a good show.

Be sure to get a picture if the boat pulls the truck in the drink. :D

Reckless32 03-28-2006 01:42 PM

No up trim probably is simple fix. First check fuse/s; then /clean/remove/replace the solenoids and associated connections.

In 2-4 miles you could tow it with a Volkswagon. Not really. Problem is will the Denali pull it out of the water at the of the day. May not be an issue with 4wd in low gear and just ease out. Other than that, how well balanced the trailer setup is, and the tow capacity/class of the hitch for short runs. Just get comfortable and run it further down the road. Trailers coming detached form the tow vehicle going down the road is an ugly sight.