Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The time has finally come for Shore. >

The time has finally come for Shore.

Notices

The time has finally come for Shore.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts
Default Re: The time has finally come for Shore.

good boat, buddy use to have a Villain II 22' and we use to beat the crap out of that thing. SBC 330hp Tempest. That thing would haul the mail. The first powerful boat I was ever in. That is the boat that got me out of my sea ray to buy my scarab. I don't know about the 30" Villain IV, but the 22' was a fast hull. I don't know who layed them up but fast.

I am looking for a Villain II right now for inland lakes.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:49 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Be sure to check the stringers and transom.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Shore.....With the curved windshield and the integrated swim platform those Villians have aged pretty well.....get it surveyed, see if you can get the trim working and take it for a rip........when a boat gets that old it matters less and less what make it is........its how its been taken care of !!........are they 330s??
Old 03-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude... I pulled a 24 Fountain CS with a 99 Denali and it was HORRIBLE!!! 50 miles will sway your azz all over the place..... My boat weighed about half as much as yours and it was a BEAR to pull out of the water!!!!! The azz end will hang down so low it will scrape! Mine was a complete mess.
Your boat will be heavier than 8500. My 29 beak with a single weight about 7500-8000 loaded up. I bet your boat weighs about 10K loaded. My neighbor had a 24 Villain in VA with a 454 and it was the chit! I love the looks of those... they remind me of a Pachanga
Old 03-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by masher44
My neighbor had a 24 Villain in VA with a 454 and it was the chit! I love the looks of those... they remind me of a Pachanga
They remind me of a Scarab because of the grab bar over the top of the W/S and the flat dash.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Boat was a Pile....to put it nicely.
1st off the fact that the drives wouldn't trim up was so far down the list of troubles...Lets see the engine hatch was open as was the water jackects that were literally rotted opff the manifold on the starboard and the entire front portion of the port manifold was dust....What an *******..somehow he musta forgot to tell me that part.

In short there was no way this boat needed anything short of pulling and going through both engines..If I had a baseball bat I would've made him an offer...as it was i wouldn't have taken on this project to save my life..so the journey continues..
Old 03-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44
Dude... I pulled a 24 Fountain CS with a 99 Denali and it was HORRIBLE!!! 50 miles will sway your azz all over the place..... My boat weighed about half as much as yours and it was a BEAR to pull out of the water!!!!! The azz end will hang down so low it will scrape! Mine was a complete mess.
Your boat will be heavier than 8500. My 29 beak with a single weight about 7500-8000 loaded up. I bet your boat weighs about 10K loaded. My neighbor had a 24 Villain in VA with a 454 and it was the chit! I love the looks of those... they remind me of a Pachanga
I tow my 29 scarab twins with my 2000 expedition 4wd. I agree with this guy on the sway but that is a tire problem. I had that sway at like 65 and scares you to hell. Put some 22's with a hard sidewall tires and bam! the sway was gone. Balance that load if the arse is draggin. Keep the trailer brakes in good order or that thing will push you right into someone or something. You have 4wd so lo joe will get you up the ramp easily. I have a drive on trailer and have to dunk it good to get the boat on but nobody is laughing at the ramp , it does the job. Definatly look at the stringers and bulkheads! That can be a lot of work. Good luck
Old 03-29-2006, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I agree Shore.......at least put some light truck tires on it if your going to tow......those oversized pass car baloons they put on ride nice but flex all over the place with a load on...............doug
Old 03-29-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry to hear, good luck with your search, but in the end it will be all worth it, next thing you know you join the Cig family

jr mike
Old 03-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Well I just brought homea 1995 Crownline 250CR..5.7 BII..great shape and sittin on a new tandem aluminum.(way too long though)The truck pulled it home from lake george easily about 60 miles or so..I was on the fence of either a cruiser or a sportboat...This has AC and all so I'm gonna give her a run and see what goes..Plus a wicked good deal.lol.

I do have 22's on the Denali ironically enough..

Quick Reply: The time has finally come for Shore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.