Notices

Help needed from Houston

Old 03-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help needed from Houston

Tom, thanks for the help in enlisting Kevin for the walkaround of the units at the auction.
Kevin, thank you for taking the time to go out there and inspecting the items I will be bidding on. It was great to talk with you while you were at the auction. The only thing I forgot to ask was whether or not the Freightliner had air conditioning on it.
Kevin, good luck if you go back out there to bid on one of those F-350 trucks they have. Be sure to get squared away at the registration office in plenty of time to bid. And don't touch your hat or hold your bid card up too long (those were the hints that the gal in the Kansas City registration office gave to me).
I owe you both dinner if I end up being the winning bidder on one of the trucks.
By the way, did you see anything out there that made you wish you were filthy rich and had a couple hundred acres of land to dig holes on?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Registered

Dave,
There was plenty out there to make me think just that, I stayed a little while extra to watch some of the good old boys one after another load up Huge Cat Doziers and back hoes on some very inadequate trailers, eye ball it for a second or two, and say well, that will just have to git her done,, and drive off with the tires half way flat, but the smiles from ear to ear let me know they got some killer deals that first day.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Registered

Thanks again for the assistance with the trucks at the auction.
That Freightliner daycab did not go across the net auction so I didn't get a chance to bid on it. Probably would have been more grief than I wanted to deal with anyway.
The North East Maryland auction is this Tuesday/Wednesday and the Atlanta auction is Thursday/Friday so I'll be watching those this week.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Registered

Ritchie Brothers Auctions are cool. No shills and no screwing around fishing for the last bidder. Be ready to bid or stay out of the way.

I bought a Case 90XT skid loader from Ritchie Bros for $10,000 that has a new price of over $40,000. Really great machine, lots of power, weighs close to 10,000 pounds. Works really well for moving the boat and trailer around. Everybody should have one. Just hard to convince normal wives of the benefit of having a skid loader in the yard.

Recent Ritchie auction sold $120,000,000 in two days. Wow.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Registered

Yup. I'm registered in the Northeast MD and Atlanta auctions for onlien bidding. The RB people are friendly and professional, and are willing to do the hands-on stuff for customers that can't be on site and need to bid online.
It was great that I could find the support I needed through this board too. Tom and Kevin were willing to jump in and help me out by going to the Houston auction.

Last edited by Crazyhorse; 04-03-2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse
Yup. I'm registered in the Northeast MD and Atlanta auctions for onlien bidding. The RB people are friendly and professional, and are willing to do the hands-on stuff for customers that can't be on site and need to bid online.
It was great that I could find the support I needed through this board too. Tom and Kevin were willing to jump in and help me out by going to the Houston auction.

no problem...it was 100% Kevin
Old 04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crazyhorse
Thanks again for the assistance with the trucks at the auction.
That Freightliner daycab did not go across the net auction so I didn't get a chance to bid on it. Probably would have been more grief than I wanted to deal with anyway.
The North East Maryland auction is this Tuesday/Wednesday and the Atlanta auction is Thursday/Friday so I'll be watching those this week.
Im not suprized that one didnt make it across the block, when it started throwing sparks every where, I was pretty sure that you might not want it. I watched them mess with it for almost 30 mins. Each time that they tryed some thing new to get it started, I would take one more step back away from the rig just in case we all blew up hehe. Who knows though for the right price it may have still been a good deal.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
no problem...it was 100% Kevin
Tom did get the ball rolling on this one, I just did the dirty work. It was alot of fun. Almost everytime I have been involved with helping or being helped by an OSO member, it really turns into a great experience, Dave is a great guy. Plus I learned some cool tricks with the big rigs,
Old 04-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Registered

If either of you guys needs any help with anything here in west Michigan just give me a call. If either of you is going to be up here for anything I'd be honored to take you out for dinner and a few drinks. I don't drink any more so you've always got a designated driver.
We'll see how I do at the North East MD auction tomorrow.
Thanks again, both of you.

Dave