Anybody know about these R/C boats? >

Anybody know about these R/C boats?

Notices

Anybody know about these R/C boats?

Old 03-29-2006, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Anybody know about these R/C boats?

Originally Posted by LambRB
CigDaze, where can those drives be bought at? Are they real working ones for these R/C boats?
I got those pics straight out of Frogman's Link to www.mhzusa.com

On the left hand side of the page, they have links for engines, drives, and all kinds of accessories.

Yes, those are working RC drives!!!

http://206.206.85.209/xtdoc/catalogu...x&store=mhzusa
Old 03-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

So does anyone make a rc boat that is like a top gun?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h20 toie
This one my son bought is like a Top Gun. I will get you some pictures of it.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by h20 toie
Here it is. I was wrong it is 57" long, not 50".
Attached Thumbnails Anybody know about these R/C boats?-d4_1.jpg  
Old 03-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

looks great, just like a Apache

jr mike
Old 03-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a RC Tunnel boat with a nitro outboard motor. I'll have to get pictures.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered

I just bought one of the shock wave 55" with the 26cc gas motor. It goes like hell. The first time out I crashed the boat and thought it went to the bottom, It came up , righted it self and was still running. One of the drivers heads came off so we replaced it with a barbie head . I don't know how long it will be before the neighbor calls the law , It is pretty loud but sounds cool.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to RC all the time. At one time held 10 world records in gas classes. Fastest boat was 82 mph in a 2way timed run with trip lights on a surveyed certified course. Now they are over a hundred in a pull start gas motor. And you have to use pump gas, no racing or aviation fuel. When building a boat for fun make sure it has a water cooled head, a clutch, and a water pump. In the racing boats you don't use the clutch or pump because you never stop, and if you do the boat runs until the engine seizes if you are too slow. Also make sure to have a failsafe hooked up so if someone has a rc car or powerful ham radio around the boat instantly slows to an idle until radio contact is restored. The cheapest good motors are the old Zenoah 23's. The newer 26's are a lot faster, but the demand is there so the cost stays up. If you get tired of the 23 the big bore conversion kit is everywhere. The Quick Draws are the fastest currently, but you're looking at a grand by the time it's in the boat with all hardware. Cornell at Midwest Engines in Overland Park Kansas has some of the best 23's ever built for a reasonable price. For all the help you could ever want go to Jim's RC Boat Dock forum page. The best RC's there are for Gas Engines use it all the time and they will help with any questions. I still have 9 RC Boats and probably 30 engines. My most HP per CuIn motor puts out 1.4 HP at 24,230 RPM out of .21 CuIn on 82% Nitro. If I could get my 540's to do that in the 39 I could have a total of 7200 HP!!!
Old 03-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

MHZ-USA all the way,, I've got about 10 R/C's from 20" deep vee's to 60" Thundercat with the MHZ 40cc Polini engine. Best to stay with the 25cc Quickdraw as it has almost as much power as the Polini, and weights about 3 lbs less. Best speed with the 60" cat (GPS) was 46 MPH but haven't finished dialing it in, 46 MPH at 10,000 on an engine good for 16,000. Nitro tunnel hull outboard with K & B 7.5cc stock, runs sweet WOT all the way around the course. (old wooden hull built by a guy in the Navy, he never ran it, started it once in his bathtub, big mistake, smoke and water everywhere.) Sold it to me for $60.00, I installed a radio, worked on the turn fin and went to the local pond. After breaking in the engine, went WOT and it looked just like a tunnel at speed, nice rooster, about 30 MPH or so, new hulls and wacked motors are double that now.

Also, big improvements with Electrics, Brushless Motors have them way over 120 MPH in the two way runs.

FAILSAFE is an absolute MUST, especially for lakes that you can not walk around. I chose boats as anyone who flys planes will tell you, crashing is only a matter of time. Even then I have had my share of Running up on shore when something let go, flipping and partially sinking when a deep vee or cat hooks, always use "flotation" unless you are a really good diver and the lake/pond is not very deep.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Check out these model engines
http://www.nvbackflow.com/engines/
Attached Thumbnails Anybody know about these R/C boats?-home_image_sml.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anybody know about these R/C boats?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.