Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What boat is this? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126124-what-boat.html)

UNSANE 03-29-2006 10:41 AM

What boat is this?

2 Attachment(s)
I have an easy idea of whose boat this is (owner's of Rachels duh) :D but since I'm no expert, I'd thought I'd put it up here. To me it looks like the steps are pretty far back and they're not very big ones. The basic shape makes my amateur eyes say Outerlimits, but OL uses 4 steps, or I'm thinking Scarab, not sure, you guys are the experts. Either way, if this guy isn't on here, we need to get him on, I'm sure he'd have some GREAT things to "share" with us in the Uncensored section :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

cuda 03-29-2006 12:17 PM

Re: What boat is this?

I'd say Nortech. I helped pay for that boat. :)

thedonz 03-29-2006 12:20 PM

Outerlimits

Strip Poker 388 03-29-2006 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
I'd say Nortech. I helped pay for that boat. :)

By eating there :rolleyes: :drink:

Semper Fi 03-29-2006 02:47 PM

Looks like an Outerlimits to me.

UNSANE 03-29-2006 03:29 PM

When did OL go to the quad step? This boat only having 2 steps really through me a curve ball, so I don't have any clue on the age of this thing. I thought Scarab too because I've noticed from looking at other Scarabs the steps were farther back.

LapseofReason 03-29-2006 04:15 PM

47 OL,Thats the boat that the chick who ruined Keith Eickert and ran him out of biz, and took his name. I can't remeber her name. I almost bought that boat when it was blue and white. The guy who ownes it is cool but a little flaky. The last time I talked to him he spit out about 3 diffrent prices for it about 175K apart.

DoTheMath 03-29-2006 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
47 OL,Thats the boat that the chick who ruined Keith Eickert and ran him out of biz, and took his name. I can't remeber her name. I almost bought that boat when it was blue and white. The guy who ownes it is cool but a little flaky. The last time I talked to him he spit out about 3 diffrent prices for it about 175K apart.

Julie Sullivan was her name-o. :D

dgrady 03-29-2006 05:20 PM

If you look closely...... do you see the small step betwen the two large steps?? and I would guess if you had a different angle you may see a 4th step behind the last large one. My eyes may be deceiving me but from the picture posted I am seeing that 3rd step in between.

flash32118 03-29-2006 05:32 PM

This boat is a Marine Performance rigged 47 outerlimits(1999) originally built for Frank Algire in Chicago....Julie bought it from him,and the Viegels aquired it at bankruptcy auction,when she finally crashed and burned.We still do work on it,as it has very complicated fresh water cooled Eickerts.This was also the first time quad rotor whipples were tried in a marine application.They didnt work well...(we lost 8 blowers in testing) and it was finally converted to 14-71 bds's.Its a good peice till you approach 110,at which point ugly things begin to happen,mostly violent chin walking,with the feeling that the transom wants to pass the cockpit.It is for sale,Tommy just freshened the power...its in realitively good shape,and i think is making a showing at Barrett-Jackson in West Palm this weekend.