Obviously! And I'm going to SLOWER BOAT!
WoW Jim,Originally Posted by bglz42
That is a very level headed, well taught out analysis in boat costs before purchasing a Performance Boat...
You obviously are way to intelligent and level headed to jump into Offshore Boat ownership...
Obviously! And I'm going to SLOWER BOAT!
Oh what the heck, you only live once right? We're on!
Here's a pic...
Now someone buy my Thoroughbred in the classifieds!
Thanks for all your comments, Jim
Warning - we just changed insurers and when the policy came it said a condition of coverage was that the original motors where in the boat. Come on - the boat is a 1992! And the agent wasn't aware that language was in there. Read the fine print!!!
47 Lightning SE
My last insuror wanted to know everything , engine size and hp , top speed , waters navigated , where stored in seasson and for winter lay up , yadda yadda. I switched last year to travlers and they didn't ask most of those questions. Had a claim at the end of last season which they paid in a reasonable time considering I filed the claim the week of katrina and their marine ops are / were in new orleans. No haggle on what they covered and the depreciation was fair. I'll probably get slammed this year! Renewal is coming soon. Speed and hp definatly makes a difference in the quote.
Congrats, nice looking ride! Can't wait to see it.
My father just bought a 38 zr and he's insured through progressive at $1400/yr. and that's with 525's... It seems like the majority on oso is paying big $ to insure their rigs. Maybe it's age and driving records?Originally Posted by asap
That's interesting, I thought Progressive won't tough anything with over 500hp per side. You might want to check that out.Originally Posted by Harper220
Shop > Boat/PWC >
Boats/PWCs We Insure
You can insure the following types of boats/PWCs with a Progressive DirectSM or Drive® Insurance from Progressive boat policy. Click on a link for a more detailed description and a picture of the boat.
Mini Jet Boat
Other Fishing Boat
Homemade Boats (Liability Only)
The following coverage is not available:
* Physical Damage coverage on boats more than 15 years old AND worth more than $20,000
* Physical Damage Only policies
* Engine/Motor Only coverage
The following cannot be insured with your Progressive Direct or Drive boat policy:
* Boats over 50 feet in length and/or with values over $250,000
* PWC valued over $27,000
* Boats with max speed exceeding 75 mph
* Bass boats with max speed exceeding 90 mph
* Boats with engine horsepower greater than 500 for a single engine or 1,000 for twin engines
* Boats equipped with over-the-transom exhaust or exposed inboard engine(s)
* Boats with more than two motors (other than trolling motors or “kicker” motors)
* Wood, steel, ferro cement or performance catamarans/tunnel hulls
* Boats that do not meet published U.S. Coast Guard standards
* Boats principally docked/moored/stored in Massachusetts, New Jersey, District of Columbia, Canada, Mexico or Puerto Rico. Principally docked/moored/stored is defined as at least 6 months in a given state or location.
* Boats used as a primary residence (“Live Aboards”)
* Boats used for any business or commercial purpose, including, but not limited, to: pickup or delivery of goods, limousine or taxi service, emergency services, food concessions or commercial fishing (including netting and trapping)
* Boats used for racing or speed tests (except sailboats)
* All amphibious land boats, hovercraft or airboats
* Foot pedal/paddle, steam, glass bottom and ice boats (sailboat)
* Homemade boats with Physical Damage coverage
* Homemade boats without a serial number
* Houseboats that do not have motors
* Boats leased or rented to others by the insured
* Any boat on consignment
* Boats with more than two owners
Last edited by CigDaze; 03-30-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Congrats. Sweet boat.Originally Posted by bglz42
Likewise, I have Progressive. $960 a year for a 95 35' Lightning. You may want to give them a call.Originally Posted by Wobble
It's All Good!
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine