Notices

texas boating

Old 03-29-2006, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default texas boating

can anyone tell me where the poker runs and the best places to boat are in Texas, other than the gulf coast, buying a home there and need lots and lots of h2o to unwind .thanx
Old 03-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Registered

Location: Lakeway, TX (Austin/Lake Travis) / LOTO Gravois Arm
Default Re: texas boating

Texoma is good...and big.
Travis is nice...just outside Austin.
Lake LBJ...also nice, about 35 miles from Austin.

...and about 100 other ones.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Lake Conroe

Clear Lake

Old 03-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Registered

take I-10 east out of Houston and about 10 hours later you reach Florida.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Registered

Just step off the plane from naples/ft myers nice, but the roads are to jammed packed for me
Old 03-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Where is the House that you are buying, that will help us narrow it down. What type of boat do you have...that will help too. I boat on Lake Texoma, a 90,000 acre lake about 1 hr north of Dallas. It has lots of hot boats, sand beach islands and big open waters.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Registered

I have three girls ,I know, dont say it, so anyway i thought maybe San Antonio, because there is so much to do, or Austin ,I really like Corpus Christi because i love the coast for scuba diving etc.we have a 38 fountian now,but do not feel like trailering it all over. So we are looking for a central location for everything, might be asking alot, but we are not limited to a certian area.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orlando
I have three girls ,I know, dont say it, so anyway i thought maybe San Antonio, because there is so much to do, or Austin ,I really like Corpus Christi because i love the coast for scuba diving etc.we have a 38 fountian now,but do not feel like trailering it all over. So we are looking for a central location for everything, might be asking alot, but we are not limited to a certian area.

San Antoino or Austin for sure, you can't beat Lake Travis Corpus is full of blow boaters
Old 03-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Registered

Default Texas Lakes

IMHO... The three best lakes in Texas are...

1) Lake Travis - Located in the Texas Hill Country and right next to Austin, this has to be the best lake in Texas. It has several restaurants/bars including Carlos'N Charlies. The Lake Travis Powerboat Association hosts several Poker Runs a year. The "party cove" is Devil's Cove. There are ALWAYS topless women here, especially on holiday weekends.

2) Lake Texoma - Located on the Red River along the Texas/Oklahoma border, this lake hosts some "national" Poker Runs. It is a HUGE party lake for Dallas and the surrounding area. It's "party cove" is "The Islands".

3) Possum Kingdom - Also know as "PK Lake", this is a pretty cool lake located about an hour west of Fort Worth. Althought it doesn't host alot of Poker Runs, it is a great place to relax. It's "party cove" is Hell's Gate.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Registered

Re: texas boating

Tthanx Clay, Thats the info im looking for,sounds like Travis is the place to be!

Quick Reply: texas boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.