Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A friends new 34 DCB getting Konrad Ace's (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126208-friends-new-34-dcb-getting-konrad-aces.html)

glassdave 03-31-2006 07:10 AM

Re: A friends new 34 DCB getting Konrad Ace's

what the heck are you guys talk'in about :confused: :drink:

Semper Fi 03-31-2006 09:34 AM

That is one mean looking boat!

Biggus 06-05-2006 06:44 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Dorr's Marine has finished the DCB conversion. Tim Dorr did a fantastic job, the attention to detail on this project is impeccable. Motors are forward mounted drive shaft installations. Driveshaft angle is less than 1 degree for zero vibration. The customer is extremely happy, shifts smooth works very well. Here's a few pics!

Kurt
[email protected]

Formula Outlaw 06-05-2006 06:50 AM

Came out beautiful...:drink:

Jassman 06-05-2006 06:50 AM

Beautiful boat, wasnt that boat on the front of PB cover. Any cockpit shots. :cool: Thanks Jeff

Biggus 06-05-2006 07:03 AM

Yes, we are very pleased with this conversion. DCB had originally rigged it with Teague Bravo drives. It exploded a Teague drive during the sea trial. The customer was so impressed at how the boat handled after blowing a drive at 130 that he still bought it, had DCB remove the Teagues and IMCO boxes. The boat was then sent to TAOD for paintwork in February and hauled directly to Dorr's Marine in Windham Maine for the Konrad conversion. To answer your question Jeff, no this boat has not been on the cover of PB. ...and I highly doubt that bald guy would let that happen! :evilb: :D

Kurt

Audiofn 06-05-2006 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Biggus
. ...and I highly doubt that bald guy would let that happen! :evilb: :D

Kurt

ROFLMAo

Buddy OO 06-05-2006 07:43 AM

Konrads continue to impress me, they are going on our doug Wright 35 pleasure with Raylars 800 HO. wow 130mph on that boat is super fast with 800's

Boomer 880 06-05-2006 10:23 AM

How does the owner compare the two drives (Konrad and Teague/Bravo), with regard to handling at various speed and overall top speed? Did he lose a few MPH on the top, due to the transmissions? I would sacrafice a few MPHs for the gain in reliability!

Strip Poker 388 06-05-2006 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Biggus
Yes, we are very pleased with this conversion. DCB had originally rigged it with Teague Bravo drives. It exploded a Teague drive during the sea trial. The customer was so impressed at how the boat handled after blowing a drive at 130 that he still bought it, had DCB remove the Teagues and IMCO boxes. The boat was then sent to TAOD for paintwork in February and hauled directly to Dorr's Marine in Windham Maine for the Konrad conversion. To answer your question Jeff, no this boat has not been on the cover of PB. ...and I highly doubt that bald guy would let that happen! :evilb: :D

Kurt

So your saying that bald guy has some influnce over PowerBoat :eek: :rolleyes: