Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another LOTO boat lift ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126286-another-loto-boat-lift.html)

tlark 03-30-2006 09:58 PM

Another LOTO boat lift ?

As far as brand, can you offer any practical experience as far as brands. After speaking with some dealers I was told that I should stay away from Fibersteel and Titan. No flames please, its not my intent and I remain open to suggestions. The fibersteel brands I have ruled out already b/c I don't favor the design, however I know nothing specific to Titan. Can anyone provide imput. Thanks in advance.

SinkorSwim 03-30-2006 10:03 PM

Re: Another LOTO boat lift ?

I've had two FiberSteels.... 10K and now a 14K.... :drink:

I have a 12K Galva for sale at DockReality...

But I am in really calm water..

Rough Water... Go to PolyLift.. :cool:

Sean H 03-30-2006 10:13 PM

agreed, calmer water the box style lifts are fine, rougher water, i would go with a poly or hydro.... i have had both a poly and hydro, both were fine....

get a remote controlled one if you are going new...

hawkmeister38 03-30-2006 10:27 PM

I have had Econolifts with Cig's, pontoon's, and a ski boat on them in rough water with no problems. Steve at Econolift is great to work with.

travis reed 03-30-2006 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by tlark
As far as brand, can you offer any practical experience as far as brands. After speaking with some dealers I was told that I should stay away from Fibersteel and Titan. No flames please, its not my intent and I remain open to suggestions. The fibersteel brands I have ruled out already b/c I don't favor the design, however I know nothing specific to Titan. Can anyone provide imput. Thanks in advance.

Carvell best deal -lifetime warrenty. Will beat any price!!! I never used my remote hardly on my last one. Jim Carvell just custom built me a 16000 for the best price on LOTO guranteed. 1-573-873-5249 tell him I referred you. Get your best price hell beat it,to include quality for quality,structural Integrity however you want to word it.

Travis Reed

SinkorSwim 03-30-2006 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H

get a remote controlled one if you are going new...

First Mates are cool... got mine last year... :evilb:

KiloKat 03-31-2006 06:54 AM

I would recommend you call Dave or Brian at Summerset Lifts. They build and maintain all of my lifts at the lake.

Buddy OO 03-31-2006 07:39 AM

No question i would call Dave at summerset at 573 216-0313 cell, Have bought 6 lifts off him, they are the best and very honest. Tell him Jim Darr told you to call, he will treat you right,

Scuba Steve 03-31-2006 07:50 AM

I third that! Call Dave at Summerset...he did two for me.

Harper220 03-31-2006 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by KiloKat
I would recommend you call Dave or Brian at Summerset Lifts. They build and maintain all of my lifts at the lake.

What brand of lift is Summerset a dealer for?