Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My Worst Boating Day Yet (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126345-my-worst-boating-day-yet.html)

cuda 04-01-2006 10:00 AM

Re: My Worst Boating Day Yet

I know that feeling only too well. The first time I ever went deep sea fishing it happened to me. My dad was stationed at the Navy Mine Defense Lab in Panama City. On the weekends, they would take one of the workboats out fishing. It was probably about a 50 footer, with a top speed of 9 knots. It was rough as hell! I was literally rolling around on the rear deck, like a turd. I would have had to rally in order to die. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the captain come out and go to the rail! We ran out about 20 miles out, fished for about twenty minutes, before the mutiny started! It was special to see some old dude puke his false teeeth up in a bucket! After the mutiny, we were headed back, and I knew at 9 knots, I was going to be subjected to two more hours of the misery. :( :( :(

wrinkleface 04-01-2006 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
:eek: :evilb:

I bet the Throne on the yacht looked a bit nicer than that 1!! :p

CAP071 04-01-2006 11:01 AM

Ahhh That sucks. I been there before :eek: RALPH

masher44 04-01-2006 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
:eek: :evilb:

No one has pics of Ed chumming ? :rolleyes: :D

Strip Poker 388 04-01-2006 11:40 AM

Ive been close but never bought the buick :eek:

Thats weird no redundancy on the pump.Ed must of been some big water to toss that boat around

Rob :drink:

wantsa311 04-01-2006 11:57 AM

The only time I ever got sick was on my honeymoon cruise. :eek: Really strange because as long as I was above deck and could see the horizon there was no problem. As soon as I went below the very subtle rocking of the boat would just throw me. My new wife thought I was trying to avoid her. (That may be true now but wasn't then. :D :D )

Dramamine finally helped after about two days. :eek: :eek:

burtandnancy 04-01-2006 12:30 PM

There is no sickness worse than sea sickness. Its makes you too weak to even jump overboard. Only once for me; troop ship to Korea in the '50's...

fund razor 04-01-2006 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by burtandnancy
There is no sickness worse than sea sickness. Its makes you too weak to even jump overboard. Only once for me; troop ship to Korea in the '50's...

My Dad might have been on that ship. :D

He said that 80% had it bad. :eek:

Reed Jensen 04-01-2006 01:24 PM

[B]Yarrrrrr.... genius!.... :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-01-2006 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
We start rocking so violently from side-to-side that the interior of the boat starts self-distructing. !

Sorry hear that Ed.... :( :( :(

Got any pics? :)