Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Vortech Superchargers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126383-vortech-superchargers.html)

Essex29 04-01-2006 11:46 AM

Vortech Superchargers

There was a listing in the classified section not to long ago selling multiple superchargers, including a Vortech...anyone know if they are still available...or is anyone selling a Vortech big enough for a 540?

thanks

TxHawk 04-01-2006 01:32 PM

Re: Vortech Superchargers

I have a vortech kit that would be ideal for a 540" engine. I assume EFI.
[email protected]
903-786-3797
-Matt

Essex29 04-01-2006 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40
I have a vortech kit that would be ideal for a 540" engine. I assume EFI.
[email protected]
903-786-3797
-Matt

I just tried calling and you guys were closed...i'll try back on Monday.

Give me some specs on it, what is included, pics and a price. You can send it to my e-mail.

[email protected]

thanks

tomcat 04-01-2006 08:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We have a few customers using our system on 540s with Holley EFI. This photo shows the Rtech supercooler with a Procharger M-3 blower, but we sell the complete system with a Vortech V-4 supercharger. How much HP are you after?

Essex29 04-01-2006 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat
We have a few customers using our system on 540s with Holley EFI. This photo shows the Rtech supercooler with a Procharger M-3 blower, but we sell the complete system with a Vortech V-4 supercharger. How much HP are you after?

I am only looking for around 750 hp..the 540 is rebuilt with low compression and will have the parts off of a 525 efi on top....why do most engine builders hate the Procharger setup? Is the V-4 supercharger the recommended supercharger for 750 hp?

thanks

Essex29 04-02-2006 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Essex29
I am only looking for around 750 hp..the 540 is rebuilt with low compression and will have the parts off of a 525 efi on top....why do most engine builders hate the Procharger setup? Is the V-4 supercharger the recommended supercharger for 750 hp?

thanks

Can someone explain the difference between the Vortech and Procharger?

LubeJobs42 04-02-2006 04:02 PM

I have a set Beautiful set of Merc 500 efI's with aluminum heads with Vortechs. They are right around 760 hp each. I was going to put these in my Motion but due some current issues I have to put off a few projects and concentrate on one. I will give someone a great deal. An extra 40K went into these 500 EFI's. PM me if you have any interest or need more info.

tomcat 04-02-2006 07:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If you are using the 525EFI intake manifold then we could offer you this system, dyno-tested by Arizona Speed and Marine @ 875 HP. We have spent a lot of time and money on this system and we know what injectors/fuel system and computer program is needed.

On a 540 with better heads and cam upgrades you could make more HP, the V-4 blower is good anywhere form 600-1000 HP. Boost can be turned down but don't forget that you can get away with more HP using a centrifugal blower since they don't make full boost until high RPM.

When I design these systems I base the location of components on the Vortech compressor and blower drive. In my opinion they are better but saying so is a good way to start a religious war (like a Ford vs. Chevy thing).

If you want more details give me a call.

Tom
(416) 709 - 8714