Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Past and Present Sunsation Owners (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126410-past-present-sunsation-owners.html)

ThoroughHustler 04-03-2006 10:54 AM

Re: Past and Present Sunsation Owners

thanks guys

hvyhitter19 04-03-2006 12:43 PM

I just bought an 02 Dominator, and I have been on the phone with Joe at Sunsation a few times already... Just to find out how things work on the boat (no Manual) and he has been MORE then plesant and even gave me his cell number to call him back one time... Can't say enough about the Customer Service for sure...

I am all too happy with the boat thus far... I was out this past weekend in the potomac, and there were 3-4 footers out there which is REALLY Bad for the river... And the boat did Great... No Problems at all...

Canada Jeff 04-03-2006 02:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The first couple posts in this thread are not from Sunsation owners!

You can't go wrong with Sunsation. They don't have the biggest cabin, or cockpit, but they work VERY well.

I have just less than 300 on my 288, and love her with no problems other than the valve springs I did on my 500. Preventative maintenance at that, no problem.

Chris288 04-03-2006 03:10 PM

I have an 05 288 w/ just over 100 hours that we enjoy very much, it has a great combination of handling, speed, cockpt / cabin space and styling. Sunsation customer service is awesome.

of course the accident has me concerned, I would sure like to know what really happened, but the facts have't come out yet. Scary site seing that engine hatch just floating there..

ThoroughHustler 04-03-2006 08:09 PM

I would love to have a 32 ...I run in big water and go on a load of poker runs, i have 24ft it runs 82 but i need somthing bigger. Most likly would go used.

carrboy 04-03-2006 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by ThoroughHustler
I would love to have a 32 ...I run in big water and go on a load of poker runs, i have 24ft it runs 82 but i need somthing bigger. Most likly would go used.

Buy my 31 sonic,great rough water boat!!!It's in the OSO classifieds http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-8398.html :D

Canada Jeff 04-04-2006 06:41 AM

Thats a great package Carrboy ! I have always liked the 31 Sonic.

Hot Boat 04-04-2006 08:00 AM

DominatingS32 has a 32 single engine that ran over 92 mph. I have a feeling he will see 110+ this season with his new set up. Sunsation has worked along with him on the R and D to get where he is. Very impressive boat. It would be one of my choices if I was in the market

Jupiter Sunsation 04-04-2006 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Hot Boat
DominatingS32 has a 32 single engine that ran over 92 mph. I have a feeling he will see 110+ this season with his new set up. Sunsation has worked along with him on the R and D to get where he is. Very impressive boat. It would be one of my choices if I was in the market

Hotboat, what is the deal with the single screw dominators. Someone posted on Sunsations site about a recently sold single 525 boat but got little response. They have only built a few boats since I think it is cheaper to build a 32 with twin 6.2's then a single 525. Are the single boats a better setup since the weight of the extra motor/drive may hinder the performance of the 32 more then help?

Jimmys 288 04-04-2006 09:09 AM

Bought a 288 a couple of years ago and never ever considered another boat. Never even looked at another boat. Would only get rid of it to buy a bigger Sunsation.

Sunsation quality is outstanding and Customer Service is hands down, the best I have ever incountered. I have cell phone numbers for both Joe and Barry that I can call any time if I need anything at all. I even called them from the water on a Saturday and they answered the phone. Mitcher T (who does the paint work) is the same way.

Buy it - you won't regret it.

C-