Past and Present Sunsation Owners >

Past and Present Sunsation Owners

Notices

Past and Present Sunsation Owners

Old 04-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Past and Present Sunsation Owners

Knew a guy from Toledo that bought one of the early 32 Sunsations (around '93 or '94?), yellow with black and blue graphics. I don't think he had much offshore experience. Took it out on Lake Erie and stuffed it so hard he shattered a windshield section. That was replaced. He continued to run it pretty hard in some rough stuff. He later told me there were stress and structural cracks all over the boat. His side of the story was when he went to the manufacturer for hull repair under warranty, he was told the warranty was voided. When he protested, he claimed he was told this was because he "abused the boat", citing the earlier incident with the broken windsheild. He was definately not pleased, later got rid of the boat and got into a Cig. He moved up to Michigan I have not seen him in many years.

Not trying to start anything, just what I was told by a former owner of a early production 32 several years ago.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Knew a guy from Toledo that bought one of the early 32 Sunsations (around '93 or '94?), yellow with black and blue graphics. I don't think he had much offshore experience. Took it out on Lake Erie and stuffed it so hard he shattered a windshield section. That was replaced. He continued to run it pretty hard in some rough stuff. He later told me there were stress and structural cracks all over the boat. His side of the story was when he went to the manufacturer for hull repair under warranty, he was told the warranty was voided. When he protested, he claimed he was told this was because he "abused the boat", citing the earlier incident with the broken windsheild. He was definately not pleased, later got rid of the boat and got into a Cig. He moved up to Michigan I have not seen him in many years.
I'm not really sure how that works, but I would image if you broke the boat to peices once and they put it back together for you, and then you went out and did it again they would be alot less inclined to help you out... I mean you can't expect them to rebuild a boat that someone is just Beating to death... Just like the guy that wrecked his last week, That's not sunsations fault... And he's not expecting them to put it back together...
Old 04-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Registered

I have a 2005 Sunsation 288 Mid-Cabin Open Bow and love it. I looked at several other boat mfg's and decided on the Sunsation. I haven't looked back once. Great build quality and the customer service is top notch. I have Joe's cell phone number as well as his work number and he's always happy to answer any questions.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Didn't read all the posts.. so this might already be said, but here's some 'unofficial' comments (so no one get's sued here) that I "may" have witnessed.

1) Just outside Govt. Cut in Miami 32 jumping 8-10' waves and cracked the back 1/4 of the boat completely in half.

2) Galveston, TX - 32 was in the ship channel, and is now at the bottom of it!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy it - you won't regret it. so true
Old 04-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Joe
Didn't read all the posts.. so this might already be said, but here's some 'unofficial' comments (so no one get's sued here) that I "may" have witnessed.

1) Just outside Govt. Cut in Miami 32 jumping 8-10' waves and cracked the back 1/4 of the boat completely in half.

2) Galveston, TX - 32 was in the ship channel, and is now at the bottom of it!!!!!!!
So whats the purpose of this post? "Unoffcial" and "May have" ? Please, if you don't own one, or have been it one, your opinion should be reflected that way.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThoroughHustler
I would love to have a 32 ...I run in big water and go on a load of poker runs, i have 24ft it runs 82 but i need somthing bigger. Most likly would go used.
82 huh
Yeh Sure and you beat a 27 Activator with a 525 at the Hot Toddy Run..

Common James step up to the plate and build a kick ass set of Mills stick them in a 34 Hustler and call it a day. I need some competition for the summer...
Old 04-05-2006, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThoroughHustler
I am considering buyin a Sunsation, its a big purchase ....So i have a few questions.

How is the Customer Service?
Build Quality?
Handling? Etc....

Any ones Input would be great !

Thanks
Canada Jeff

I certainly agree with your comments. The guys starts the post, with the above questions, and we get people responding with these bizarre scenarios on how a Sunsation was abused and failed. They are not industructable, and this is proven in the bizarre examples given. However anything can be broken given the right circumstances.
For the guy who started the post, make the investment of visiting the plant, talk to the owners, demo a boat, and talk to boat owners face to face. Also, depending on how big a hurry you are in, come to the Sunsation Rally. You will have dozens of Sunsation owners together in one place at one time that you can talk to and look at their boats. Good luck with your decision!

Last edited by Whiteknuckle; 04-05-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cousins have a 32 open bow, great boat, they are very happy with it. Only complaint is that teh upgraded stereo package was not worth the 2K but hey what Boat mfg stereo is worth 2 cents anyway.

WILL
Old 04-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Registered

Best Customer Service in any industry I've ever encountered.
Joe was the only Company Rep at the Chicago Boat show a couple years back that didn't bad mouth his competition in any way shape or form, nor hurry me along to talk with another potential Customer. Spoke with him for at least 30minutes and never once told him I WAS going to buy one of his boats, nor even hinted to him I was looking.
Bought a 288 and will buy another one if time comes to move up, regardless of how many web stories I hear from guys that knew guys, that had cousins, that had a friend who's Sunsation had a problem. I've never seen a posting from a actual owner that felt Sunsation wasn't a awesome boat/ company, with the best Customer Service in the industry.
Doesn't concern me one bit that a 32 suffered a total loss from running in a poker run. Poker Runs have claimed more then one boat.

Quick Reply: Past and Present Sunsation Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.