Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just A Thought For Oso (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126482-just-thought-oso.html)

Racegirl3 04-03-2006 11:35 AM

Re: Just A Thought For Oso

Buttons are a great idea Donna.... and ... that would kill Johns idea for me havin 3 since I dont have any piercings :p :drink:

Brad Zastrow 04-03-2006 11:36 AM

What is the reason for not using your real name on these forums? Would that not solve the problem of "who are you". I really do not understand why the cute fake names.

jayboat 04-03-2006 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
What is the reason for not using your real name on these forums? Would that not solve the problem of "who are you". I really do not understand why the cute fake names.

We are too cool for reality. :D

Most of us anyway. :rolleyes:

HiPerf2000 04-03-2006 01:10 PM

I think a nice quality hat would be cool. OSO logo on the front, and screen name ebroidered on the back or side. Our yacht club just did this with the club name on the front and your boat name on the side. was like $20.

Price it around $20 - $25. I would buy one. I don't think i would ever wear a button pin around in public.....(not to knock your idea Ms Patriyacht, as it is a good one, but not for everyones likes).

f311fr1 04-03-2006 05:06 PM

We need to do something along these lines for ease of identification at PR and other boating events.

candyman35 04-03-2006 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have seen other sites use lanyards and name badges. These badges were done for a Buffett site. They are laminated in 7mil ID pouches, double sided with the hole at the top to put them on a lanyard.
Dan

Racegirl3 04-03-2006 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by candyman35
I have seen other sites use lanyards and name badges.

I like that idea the best ... I could put my name card in my Chevy lanyard :cool: :drink:

Quiet Storm 04-03-2006 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
I think a nice quality hat would be cool. OSO logo on the front, and screen name ebroidered on the back or side. Our yacht club just did this with the club name on the front and your boat name on the side. was like $20.

Price it around $20 - $25. I would buy one. I don't think i would ever wear a button pin around in public.....(not to knock your idea Ms Patriyacht, as it is a good one, but not for everyones likes).

I like this idea. I would buy a few. :D They would make good Christmas presents for the kids. :rolleyes:

JB4Boyne 04-04-2006 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000

Most people don't wear hats when there at a fancy dinner, our poker run puts on a very fancy dinner and we have the stick on tags that you write your name on, I just thought if OSO had some made for us members it would be inexpensive advertising for them and at the same time it would help us. I've seen some that were like a credit card, and you just slid them in a little plastic pouch, they could put there logo at the top and our ID name and real name under that. It's not something you would wear everywhere, just at boating events where you need name tags.

HiPerf2000 04-04-2006 10:50 PM

I was thinking more like at a lunch stop and on the docks....when you have bad hair after a hard run :p