Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Buying in OSO Classifieds (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126597-buying-oso-classifieds.html)

Vyper340 04-03-2006 09:11 PM

Buying in OSO Classifieds

I am about ready to purchase a new drive from an advertiser on OSO and wanted to know if anyone has any experience buying from them that they want to share? The seller is JPilon of JMD Development Group and he has ads for Bravo XR's and so on. I've talked to him and things seem OK so I'm looking for any feedback from anyone else. You can PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,
Vyper340

Griff 04-03-2006 10:53 PM

Re: Buying in OSO Classifieds

Never heard of him or the company. Does he have a screen name????

Make sure to protect yourself.

Semper Fi 04-03-2006 11:10 PM

I have a USED 2000 Bravo1 drive, 1.50 ratio with approx. 30 hrs on it. It's still in the Merc box--I purchased it from Fred @ Trick Marine 2 yrs ago and never needed it. Has a Imco drive shower also. It is in very good condition...price is $1,750 firm.

Vyper340 04-04-2006 06:28 AM

I'm not sure what if any his screen name is; I think he just advertises on OSO classifieds... Surely somone here has purchased something from him in the last year.

Regarding protection, other than use a credit card I'm not sure I can do much else. Any recommendations???

Semper - I need at least an X drive with the beefed up components but thanks for the offer.

docmanrich37 04-04-2006 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I would wear your lucky purple boating hat and you should be ok. :evilb:

Audiofn 04-04-2006 06:46 AM

If you know were he is at, maybe there is a OSOer in the area that can go and take a look at it for you. If you still feel uneasy then perhaps you can put the money in an escrow tell you get the drive

Jon

Vyper340 04-04-2006 08:55 AM

Good ideas!

The guy is in the Atlanta area (Acworth?) - anyone game to check it out for me?

pachangalpina 04-04-2006 09:58 AM

I have bought a few transom assemblies from him. Everything went well and I would buy from him again. I think he can provide references if you need others. He is about 50 miles from me but if I can help in any way, let me know.

Todd Howerton
Outlaw Disc Brakes
Outlaw Performance Products

Vyper340 04-04-2006 11:32 AM

Thanks Todd! He provided some other references and things sound like they're a go. If I run into any issues I might take you up on your offer, so thanks.

I'll post my results when the drive is delivered.

Thanks,
Dave
Vyper340

Vyper340 04-17-2006 05:59 PM

Got the drive and everything appears to be as promised. The drive will be installed and checked out this week to be sure it's as advertised. There was a mix up with shipping on his end that cost me an extra $120... but we are trying to work something out.

I can recommend him at this point but be sure to be crystal clear on details like shipping, etc.