Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   9O MPH / 41 Apache race (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126641-9o-mph-41-apache-race.html)

wananewboat 04-07-2006 07:55 AM

Re: 9O MPH / 41 Apache race

I met Jay while flying home from KW last year. He said the boat is recently redone and is in great shape. He said he has problems with the noise in that area.

rockstrmkr 04-07-2006 08:21 AM

Cool!
He's a super nice guy, and that boat sure has a lot of history.
If that thing ever came up for sale....

Ike 04-07-2006 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Cool!
He's a super nice guy, and that boat sure has a lot of history.
If that thing ever came up for sale....

....you will have to fight me for it!! :D :evilb: :p

rockstrmkr 04-07-2006 01:13 PM

Hi Ike -
C'mon...What about me ????????
You need another Apache ? Putting together a small fleet ??

Have you run your new monster yet ? Sure looks great !
Good luck with her !
Hans

Magic Medicine 04-07-2006 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by TRICK
I'd like to have to make that decision...... :D

Well said. Two awesome boats, you can't go wrong either way!

Ike 04-07-2006 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Hi Ike -
C'mon...What about me ????????
You need another Apache ? Putting together a small fleet ??

Have you run your new monster yet ? Sure looks great !
Good luck with her !
Hans

Hans Thanks, I have had my latest 41 for almost a year and have not used it yet, i'm dying to get out on the water in may. I have always wanted warpath, that boat is just BADASS and it would not be fair if you got it because i am only on my 4th apache :evilb: :D

Hot Duck 04-07-2006 05:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would be proud to own either one, but when comparing the boats from that time frame, I have to go with Apache. I don't know exactly what it is, but there is just something about the Apaches that I really like.

Hot Duck 04-07-2006 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Hey Mike.....We'll be toolin' around the Chesapeake this summer in this.......My brothers new (to him) Apache, Indian Outlaw. 2-950HP Gellner Blower motors, 3A's.....oughta run real nice. Here is a pic and a short video of Dean Gellner tunin' the mills before we took it home.

http://media.putfile.com/Gellner

You guys need to bring that big, yellow beast to Ocean City this summer. There is another 41 Apache here and a hand full of Cigarettes and others. We could have lots of fun running up and down the coast waking up all of the people trying to sleep on the beach! :D

R Addiction 04-07-2006 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
You guys need to bring that big, yellow beast to Ocean City this summer. There is another 41 Apache here and a hand full of Cigarettes and others. We could have lots of fun running up and down the coast waking up all of the people trying to sleep on the beach! :D

HMMMMMMMMMM.........................Sounds like a plan.....Ike...what do you think? :cool: Ocean runnin' :cool:

ApachePete 04-08-2006 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
If thats one of those few vac bagged 42's cig build way back when(early 90's) its worthless in rough water. Was at a race with one of those in 91, bounced off the waves like a piece of styofoam and would stand straight up. After one lap the bottom delaiminated and it almost sank. Not one of Cigs best efforts.

Yep. In the Chicago race, with Craig and Bud.