Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sell Me Your Boat - $50k, Twins, Newer, 27 - 29ft, In FL, Dry Stored, Turn-Key (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/126694-sell-me-your-boat-%2450k-twins-newer-27-29ft-fl-dry-stored-turn-key.html)

kswest 04-05-2006 10:16 AM

Re: Sell Me Your Boat - $50k, Twins, Newer, 27 - 29ft, In FL, Dry Stored, Turn-Key

Originally Posted by UNSANE
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/6/82840346.htm
Enjoy the drive :D
Daytona Performance marine had one for 70k but looks like it's gone. Good luck!

Anyone have experience buying boats 1000s of miles away? I am just a little leary of spending $$$ on something I've never seen in person.

The 3 hour drives to Ft. Lauderdale are getting old I can't imagine if I start flying places. :mad:

Also, I'd like to have Ed Cozzi (best surveyor in FL) look over anything I would buy and he is expensive enough (but worth every penny) on his own turf, I wouldn't want to foot the bill for his cross country trip :D

-Kyle

BajaRunner 04-05-2006 10:20 AM

Re: Sell Me Your Boat - $50k, Twins, Newer, 27 - 29ft, In FL, Dry Stored, Turn-Key

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
1998 29 outlaw, twin 454's with trailer in perfect condition, $47,500.

mine has a survey with it too.

why not fly out, drive it, survey it then buy it? the only difference is the airfare.

If you fly out, and my boats not as clean as i told you, ill pay you airfare. :cool:

HiPerf2000 04-05-2006 10:44 AM

There are a couple 28 Powerplays on Boattrader.

Best thing to do on a long distance boat is to ask an OSO member in the area to look at it for you, and email you plenty of pictures.

Chris288 04-05-2006 11:06 AM

yup, I looked at a few boats for peole here in ny and ct. have no problem doing it again... If you decide to buy it after I tell u it a P.O.S. well thats up to u.. I wont metion any names... :rolleyes: :D

JB4Boyne 04-05-2006 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000

Best thing to do on a long distance boat is to ask an OSO member in the area to look at it for you, and email you plenty of pictures.

I'll gladly look at anything you might find in Northern Michigan :D JB

JERSEY DEVIL 04-05-2006 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by kswest
After the survey looks like my deal on the Donzi 28ZX MAY fall thru. We'll see for sure after I get the report.

BUT, since I am impateient, tired of searching the internet, tired of driving around and ready to just be out on the water ...

I am looking for:

- Turnkey ready to go (clean-up OK - needs $5k of work not OK)
- Twins
- 27-29ft
- Full Hydraulic Steering (1/2 cable, Hydraulic OK)
- Good in the rough (I live in Cocoa Beach and will be on the ocean and FL ICW)
- Newer Construction, Relatively Low Hours

Finances are in order and I am ready to buy yesterday. Show me what you've got... :fish:

i have a 2001 activator twwin 200 pro max offshores alien style full hyd steering motors are 98 left overs just out of the box last summer .step bottom boat . 20 pictures on sharkey marine classifieds 45000 with trailer 848 448 3134 thanks one of the best rough water boats out there.

UNSANE 04-05-2006 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by kswest
Thanks. Re the single ... we are planning on making a few bahamas runs and I prefer the peace of mind of the twins. Seems they are available in this price range, just have some looking to do.

I can understand about the redundancy thing. I have faith in my single 525, plus I will not do a run by myself, I bought my boat from Seattle but I had my father, who knows what to look for, look the thing over because he lives over there. Just be careful if you use a transporter, mine screwed me over to the tune of 900 dollars more. :mad:

kswest 04-05-2006 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by BajaRunner
If you fly out, and my boats not as clean as i told you, ill pay you airfare. :cool:

I only fly charter ;) j/k .. got your e-mail thanks.

kswest 04-05-2006 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000

I must say the members on this forum are the most helpful I have seen anywhere. I am a long time car-guy and first time boat guy and I already like the boat community better.

To everyone who has offered to check out boats ... THANKS ... don't be surprised to see a PM from me if I find something.

-Kyle
:D

Blow-N-Thunder 04-05-2006 12:23 PM

I know it is not a powerboat but it does have twins, it is clean and it willrun upwards of 55 mph. It is listed. interested?