Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I need a Bravo drive Hoist/stand ??? >

I need a Bravo drive Hoist/stand ???

Notices

I need a Bravo drive Hoist/stand ???

Old 02-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Cat & Mice

Question I need a Bravo drive Hoist/stand ???

Any one know of a place to get a drive hoist and stand for Bravo's. I have seen them in shops but I don't know how to get one??

Thanks
Pyle

Old 02-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cat&mice: there was a post about this several months ago. If you do a search, I'm sure you will find it.
Old 02-01-2002, 03:09 PM
Cat & Mice

I DID A SEARCH BUT NOTHING CAME UP.

Can anyone Help??

Pyle

Old 02-01-2002, 04:42 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,296 Likes on 3,704 Posts
you can make a adapter and use a regular engine hoist, as for the stand that can be made as well out of wood or steelor aluminum. go to a shop get the demensions then to a weld shop.
Old 02-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have made a few stands.. Outta wood and steel... Steel was my choice.... because welding fumes are my best freind
Old 02-01-2002, 07:38 PM
Charter Member #355
Charter Member

I made a nice stand out of 2x4's and 3/4" plywood. It is also at about the correct height to use it to pull the drive off AND put it back on without tweaking your back. Also has wheels on it. And it's a lot cheaper than real drive jack!! I can make one for ya....or tell ya how.
Eric
Old 02-01-2002, 08:30 PM
Registered

Catandmice I just bought a cheep engine stand it works great, make 2 peices of round stock and put it on the stand so it fits under the cavitation plate lift the tounge jack a little and pull that baby out and you can work on the drive at the same time with out picking up any weight. Cost 55 bucks!
Old 02-01-2002, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This link has some ideas

http://207.55.218.179/cgidir/ubbcgi/...c&f=3&t=002643

It's titled Drive Stand in Technical section from sept-oct 2001

Took a while to find but I knew I had seen it, good luck, you realy shouldn't need to pull those beautiful new drives off already do you???

Caleb
Old 02-01-2002, 09:25 PM
One Bad Cat

Thumbs up

Hey Pyle, Im glad you brought this up. I pulled the Spectre out this afternoon, for a little clean up, and Drive service. This boat has been excellant on drives. especially with 800 hp. I bought some XZ gears and im going to do the upgrade for safety reasons...I have 2 spare cases with towers, so It shouldnt be a big deal.. I find changing the drive oil after hard weekends and Poker Runs really helps. I dont want everybody to laugh But I also put in Z-Max additive with the Merc. Hi-Perf.
It must work cause, I didnt hurt a drive all year!!!

Old 02-01-2002, 09:26 PM
One Bad Cat

Thumbs up

Hey Pyle, Im glad you brought this up. I pulled the Spectre out this afternoon, for a little clean up, and Drive service. This boat has been excellant on drives. especially with 800 hp. I bought some XZ gears and im going to do the upgrade for safety reasons...I have 2 spare cases with towers, so It shouldnt be a big deal.. I find changing the drive oil after hard weekends and Poker Runs really helps. I dont want everybody to laugh But I also put in Z-Max additive with the Merc. Hi-Perf.
It must work cause, I didnt hurt a drive all year!!!

Quick Reply: I need a Bravo drive Hoist/stand ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.