Boating In The Gulf Shores, Al  Area >

Boating In The Gulf Shores, Al Area

Notices

Boating In The Gulf Shores, Al Area

Old 04-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boating In The Gulf Shores, Al Area

My Family Is Heading To Gulf Shores Alabama For Vacation The Week Of The 15th. Does Anyone On Board Boat Out Of Any Of The Harbors In This Area Or Know Of A Good Place To Hang Out Dockside For Fun. Against My Wishes, My Boat Is Staying At Home In Illinois But Would Like To Enjoy The Boating Environment For A Few Days. Tia For Your Input.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Default Re: Boating In The Gulf Shores, Al Area

Maybe DonziDog will chime in,he lives in Orange Beach.It's a great area.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Orange Beach is the area you want to hang around in. I don't live there but have vacationed there for 20 years. Check out Zeke's landing and the marinas in that harbor area. If its still there. I left one day before Katrina.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We use to go there all the Time . I like it there lots of places to go.Tacky Jacks was fun.its overlooks Cotton Buoy.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Florabama Is A Great Bar
Old 04-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Registered

hammer,

Send me a PM or Email and I'll give you my Ph # and share some of the local info with you. I grew up here and can get you in anywhere.

Also got a buddy in the boat broker business here and we do a sunset "test the engines" run around almost every day.

Gary Nichols owner of Nichols racing owns a "little beer joint" here called Live Bait, sure he'd like to say hello.

Tacky Jack's is definately a place you should check out,
LuLu's is OK, but EVERY tourist in the world goes there looking for Buffet, and he ain't there !!!

If you can catch DonziDog your doing better than me and I live around the corner from him.

-sam jackson
OB, Al

BTW- Robert, thanks for all the hard work you put in on the Boat bill. We had the Gov. here at OB Fire/ Rescue last night (04-06-06) and I took the opportunity to say a few words to him and our local Sen. and Reps. that were with him.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bad2bonecapt
hammer,

Send me a PM or Email and I'll give you my Ph # and share some of the local info with you. I grew up here and can get you in anywhere.

Also got a buddy in the boat broker business here and we do a sunset "test the engines" run around almost every day.

Gary Nichols owner of Nichols racing owns a "little beer joint" here called Live Bait, sure he'd like to say hello.

Tacky Jack's is definitely a place you should check out,
LuLu's is OK, but EVERY tourist in the world goes there looking for Buffet, and he ain't there !!!

If you can catch DonziDog your doing better than me and I live around the corner from him.

-sam jackson
OB, Al

BTW- Robert, thanks for all the hard work you put in on the Boat bill. We had the Gov. here at OB Fire/ Rescue last night (04-06-06) and I took the opportunity to say a few words to him and our local Sen. and Reps. that were with him.
I forgot about Live Bait,I guess its mainly a bar atmosphere.Its by Phoenix 5.We havent been there since the Hurricane.Is it getting back to norm???Has FloraBama built back?

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Registered

Thanks For Everyones Input. I Hope To Run Into Some Of You For A Drink. We Are Staying At The Phoenix 6 And I Already Checked In To A Charter Service For My 2 Boys And I At Zeke's Landing. Any Recommendations For A Captain Or Particular Charter Company? Weather Looks Great On The News, Hope It Holds Out. My Brother Just Left For His Beach House In North Carolina, Got Caught In All The Bad Storms. Thanks Again.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Registered

sam the fireman, aka bad2bonecapt, thank you for all your assistance and hospitality in the orange beach area. my family had a fabulous time as did i (i think). this is definitely what this website is all about. i hope everyone else on this website has the pleasure of meeting someone nearly as fun and gracious as a host as my family did. thanks again and we look forward to the races in august. i think we are booked from the 16th to the 20th. sam, call tom, lester, and the boys and tell them we are coming back (this time just the wife and i and several couples). please call for our large mercedes taxi now, i think we may need it. for anyone inquiring about the area, it is a beautiful area of relaxation and fun with a great atmosphere of people. thanks again.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Registered

Been down to Orange Beach three times for races. its great down there. Get a condo on the beach they're beautiful and reasonably priced.

unfortunately, I didnt have time to stay a couple extra days to really enjoy everything OB has to offer.

Quick Reply: Boating In The Gulf Shores, Al Area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.