Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Must Read - Magazine Competition Update (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127002-must-read-magazine-competition-update.html)

fund razor 04-11-2006 08:24 AM

Re: Must Read - Magazine Competition Update

Ned, welcome to OSO.

Good luck with your mag.

Hopefully your standard for what is a "MUST READ" is higher for your publication than it was for this thread.

Cockpitmag 04-12-2006 11:34 PM

Fund Razor - Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the sarcasim :)

The launch issue of the magazine is coming together very nicely. I have some of the team at events all over the place these next few weeks. One is down in the south of Europe covering F1 (Champboat in the USA), one is in Australia covering Unlimited Hydroplanes, one is in South Africa covering their racing and I am off down south here in NZ to cover Jetsprint racing this weekend and then the next round of the NZ Offshore Powerboat Championship the following.

If you want to drop me a PM I would personally send you a copy of the launch issue so you can decide if the quality of the magazine is a MUST READ :) :)

fund razor 04-13-2006 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Cockpitmag
Fund Razor - Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the sarcasim :)

The launch issue of the magazine is coming together very nicely. I have some of the team at events all over the place these next few weeks. One is down in the south of Europe covering F1 (Champboat in the USA), one is in Australia covering Unlimited Hydroplanes, one is in South Africa covering their racing and I am off down south here in NZ to cover Jetsprint racing this weekend and then the next round of the NZ Offshore Powerboat Championship the following.

If you want to drop me a PM I would personally send you a copy of the launch issue so you can decide if the quality of the magazine is a MUST READ :) :)

Sweet.
Thanks for being a good sport. :D

Good luck.

Chris Sunkin 04-13-2006 06:54 AM

You may find this useful.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?...ate=s3e1a0.1.1

You can search and see who else is using a particular mark. Just because I use a combination of common words, it doesn't preclude you from using them as well. Example- If I had a soft drink named "Lug Wrench" you would not be precluded from naming your magazine the same. Now, if your magazine was named "Lug Wrench" and it was about the soft drink, you'd have problems. Proprietary names are different. You couldn't name your business "Xerox Accounting Service" without infringing on Xerox's mark. Another thing to be aware of is logo art trademarks. You can call your business "IBM whatever" but if you use a graphic image matching or too similar to what International Business machines has registered, you'll have an issue.

rich allen 04-13-2006 02:11 PM

"H2O means water"

Thats it !!! Perfect

orss 04-13-2006 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by rich allen
"H2O means water"

Thats it !!! Perfect

are sure h2o means water? nahhh :rolleyes: , sorry just been smarta$$ :drink:

Chris Sunkin 04-13-2006 02:33 PM

For many of this site's members, CH3OH may be more appropriate.

Sean 04-13-2006 02:58 PM

the racer's edge was mr rickey's publication and it covered offshore racing in the 80's and 90's...

colorful character...

rich allen 04-15-2006 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by orss
are sure h2o means water? nahhh :rolleyes: , sorry just been smarta$$ :drink:

It's ok, because so was I. Go back and read the bottom of post #1, and you'll see why. We were given a chemistry lesson. :rolleyes: :D
See, I had already beat you to it. :drink:

Raylar 04-15-2006 10:53 AM

I personally like "HOT H20" the racers edge!
Some H20 can really be boring!

Ray @ Raylar