Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trailer info needed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127014-trailer-info-needed.html)

J.B. Marshall 04-08-2006 04:09 PM

Trailer info needed

I own a 2000 - 38' Fastech and I am looking to buy a trailer. I am leaning towards a steel painted trailer from Loadmaster out of Pt. Clinton, Ohio. Has anyone had experience with this company?

plumbers crack 04-08-2006 06:18 PM

Re: Trailer info needed

No exp with them but I have a vip trailer for my 38 fastech,solid with electric over hydraulic brakes.They are built for formulas in arizona i believe.

Perfectmix 04-08-2006 07:16 PM

JB
Call Great Lakes Marine in Michigan. I know they have a spotless Manning Trailer that was set up specially for an 03' 38' Fastech. It is red in color.

formula31 04-08-2006 10:58 PM

The one they made for my formula 311 didn fit worth a damn and rusted like crazy in one year. Run away from them. They shot the paint right over rusted steel, no primer, no prep. Weld splatter everywhere. Was the worst thing I ever bought. The only good part about that trailer was the electric brakes.

Perfectmix 04-09-2006 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by formula31
The one they made for my formula 311 didn fit worth a damn and rusted like crazy in one year. Run away from them. They shot the paint right over rusted steel, no primer, no prep. Weld splatter everywhere. Was the worst thing I ever bought. The only good part about that trailer was the electric brakes.

Loadmaster or Manning?

UNSANE 04-09-2006 10:36 AM

I have an aluminum Loadmaster for my Fountain.................HATE IT!!! But it came with the boat so I'm stuck for now :mad:

J.B. Marshall 04-09-2006 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by UNSANE
I have an aluminum Loadmaster for my Fountain.................HATE IT!!! But it came with the boat so I'm stuck for now :mad:

UNSANE - Why do you hate the aluminum trailer? I believe the Loadmaster aluminum is built by a different company in Florida.

UNSANE 04-09-2006 05:50 PM

Yes I have the Loadmaster that was built over in Tampa. I'm fine with aluminium, just not THIS aluminum. The boat is a pain in the butt to load and is never on the trailer right. I have to drive on level ground slowly then slam on the brakes to bring the boat forward into the correct place. I can't back the trailer down too far for loading because it starts floating around. The brake actuator is always sticking, I've gone through the system and nothing appears to be wrong but I have to pop it free before I back down and have to get the trailer way into the water before the boat breaks free. If I had the cash, I'd get a MYCO. I have a Performance aluminum on my 22' Stingray and that trailer is much better. Easy to unload/load and just an overall better trailer.

88Fountain 04-09-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by UNSANE
Yes I have the Loadmaster that was built over in Tampa. I'm fine with aluminium, just not THIS aluminum. The boat is a pain in the butt to load and is never on the trailer right. I have to drive on level ground slowly then slam on the brakes to bring the boat forward into the correct place. I can't back the trailer down too far for loading because it starts floating around. The brake actuator is always sticking, I've gone through the system and nothing appears to be wrong but I have to pop it free before I back down and have to get the trailer way into the water before the boat breaks free. If I had the cash, I'd get a MYCO. I have a Performance aluminum on my 22' Stingray and that trailer is much better. Easy to unload/load and just an overall better trailer.

I have the same problem with mine. The very first time I came home from the river with the boat on it, I thought I was going to burn the engine up in my truck pulling it. The master cylinder for the brakes wasn't releasing fully. It was so bad, it discolored the aluminum wheels light yellow. Lucky I didn't have a tire blowout. There was nothing I could do, as this trailer doesn't have a release lever like my last Continental trailer had. I called them when I got home and they told me to drill out this orfice plate that relieves the pressure. They said that with 6 wheel disc's, the pressure wasn't relieving quick enough before I would start up from a traffic light. I also have the problem of the trailer floating away, it's alot of fun launching and retrieving the boat by yourself with a trailer that floats. Just two weeks ago, I hooked up to it for the first time this year to take the boat to the lake and found that the brakes weren't working like they should. I bet I haven't pulled this trailer a dozen times.

UNSANE 04-09-2006 09:24 PM

Well at least my brakes work, I think I'll call them too and find out how I can make the actuator release easier but it does release when I hit the gas from a stop. I put guide ons on and that helps with loading but I don't have forward bunks. I have the PVC bar so I have to not sink the trailer too much when loading. I keep the fronts of the fenders out of the water. But you're right, it's a little bit of a pain by yourself which is usually how I load it. I just think the trailer plain sucks and when the money's right, I'll get a better one.