Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Kieth Eikert Performance (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127049-kieth-eikert-performance.html)

Sacred Ground 04-09-2006 08:47 AM

Kieth Eikert Performance

Wanted to let you all know-Threw the past 6 months we have been rebuilding engines and have rerigged the cockpit of our 41' Apache.Most of the parts,gauges and acc. we have been buying from Kieth Eikert Performance.I must say that they have been great to deal with and there customer service is first class all the way and prices are excellent.

Thanks for the help guys-

KNOT-RIGHT 04-09-2006 09:24 AM

Re: Kieth Eikert Performance

Lets see some pictures.

Semper Fi 04-09-2006 12:04 PM

Congrats! Let's see some pics. I know you get what you pay for---I though K.E was way overpriced???

dhlaw 04-09-2006 01:32 PM

Keep in mind that Kieth Eickert Performance Products is actually CP or Hardin Marine, next door is the actual KE and he is doing well!!!!!

ratman 04-09-2006 03:00 PM

Keep in mind that Kieth Eickert Performance Products is actually CP
ed zachery...fred at trick beats there prices!

bob 04-09-2006 04:07 PM

From my experience, when you are looking to buy something KE has designed and brought to market, there typically isn't any real competition as his stuff is normally over engineered. The competitive products look to be the same from the outside but when you start tearing into them you begin to realize why KE's prices are a little highter...normally a little better. I just went out to buy intercooler strainers. There were products that were probably half the price of KE's but they had 1/3 the # of bungs and the filteration wasn't of the same calibur. I opted to pay a few bucks more because I needed the options. Some folks would go for the lowest price which is also fine. Point is there is usually, not always, a reason for the price differential....only in America :D

berco 04-09-2006 04:27 PM

well said Bob

Jim

ratman 04-09-2006 04:39 PM

no doubt some of the ke stuff is the best, but cp sells most major manufacturers parts fred had treated well price wise on everything ive bought from him and if you've been paying attention you'll notice cp has reduced some of thier prices to compete with tricks which is good for anyone that has a boat. marine vendors aren't shy about marking things up, so it great to see a marine business price things to make an expensive hobby a little bit more affordable :D

ratman 04-09-2006 04:41 PM

bob post some pics of the intercooler stainer you just got, im running a set i got from cobra which are nice but they were 490 each.

Sacred Ground 04-09-2006 05:49 PM

I have not had the opportunity to buy from Trick,i ;m sure they are good to deal with,but CP and Eikert were around the same price.Shipping was less do to east coast and service to return items that "I" ordered wrong was easy to do.