And you thought you where nutz???? gotta see this one

Notices

And you thought you where nutz???? gotta see this one

Old 04-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: And you thought you where nutz???? gotta see this one

i'll also add that the people at these events are a hell of lot more friendly
bite me! i went to my first poker run in sarasota, an osoer hooked me up with a ride on scott shogrens fountain, i knew 2 people there and everyone i talked to was as nice as could be, both during the day and at the after parties,maybe you have personality issues...or don't carry yourself well.
and much better tuned in to our equiptment
a lot of folks here can afford to have others do thier wrenching, god bless them, but a lot of us build and maintain our of rigs, and its a lot more involved than adding a few quarts of 2 stroke oil. i just rebuilt a merc 150 outboard really a comlex job compared to a lawn mower, but no where near the complexity of a bbc with valve train and all
500 miles to one of our events pulling my 1200 lb stv than my 10,000 lb ocean express
most poker runs aren't in bath tubs so you couldn't keep up with the fleet in the kind of chop the offshore boys run in. btw why were all the pro drivers in the scream and fly video not wearing jackets? or do they plan on using thier lightening quick reflexes for putting them on during an ejection or blow over?
i guess most osoers have enough class not to go over to your beloved scream and fly site and try to rude out its members!
Old 04-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by copiercat
i was there for the wheelie contest and run my stv euro all the time at scream and fly events, we are professionals and do know what not to do as well as what to do when,and i'll also add that the people at these events are a hell of lot more friendly and much better tuned in to our equiptment as well as a genuine concern for each other than any of the oso events i go to,its some of the best boating and much more economical on the wallet,id much rather drive 500 miles to one of our events pulling my 1200 lb stv than my 10,000 lb ocean express. these are just some great people to have fun with and run our boats as well as party with
my o/2
Professionals? How does one become a "professional"?

I honestly could care less what they do, but if they were really professionals, they would be wearing life jackets. In Ohio, we call people like that drunks!
Old 04-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In Ohio, we call people like that drunks!
roflmfao
Old 04-16-2006, 05:11 PM
Registered

excuse me! i carry myself as well as anyone,i raced the offshore circuit for 6 years and yes there is great guys involved it just seems that a few uppity type people that dont wrench on their own boat seem to think they know it all and their some sort of gods gift..i just upgraded my outdrives to 1:50's last week and thats about the only thing on the build i wasnt working on myself,only cuz i dont have the special tools,
ive built many of outboards and their not that hard and you dont have to be the contortionist to work on..as far as safety eqiptment goes ,you got me on that one but its in the boat, the wheelie contest was a very short run in front of the hotel with many helpers standing by ,but it was still not the best idea of the day
all i was saying is if you dont what your talking about maybe you shouldnt make judgements
Old 04-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come on guys, we are all adults here and we are all boaters, let's not act like this. Copier Cat I agree there are some douche bags in off shore boating but there are some great guys, some from this site have become very good friends, same with scream and fly.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Registered

I agree that anyone in a high performance boat should wear a lifejacket at all times, but I question why a moderator would make inflamatory comments towards another group of high performance boaters.The last thing we need to do is become divided.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisK
I have seen the blurred vision boat on the river. All of this was filmed on the st johns river here in FL. I recocnize some of the spots. They are all nuts, they think they are the baddest things on the water until they hit the lake on a windy day, then they run the other way with their tails tucked between their legs because they cant make it across the lake.
WOW!! I had to read that again. That's actually from a moderator.

Maybe you should keep in mind that everyones boat has it's perfect water and these boats are small, not made for big water. Don't get all pissed off just because a river rocket can wax you on the river....that's what they are made for. I guess you tuck your tail in and run toward the lake when you're on the river???

What's up with that?

That's a rediculous comment and even more dissapointing to see it come from a moderator.