Biggest Boating "Screw Up"

Notices

Biggest Boating "Screw Up"

Old 04-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biggest Boating "Screw Up"

OK... I'll start...

Tonight, I backed the boat into the driveway and took it off the truck everything was good... I was excited about climbing into the boat to hear the new Stereo that was installed today... So I hop out of my truck after parking it on the street... Turn around and BAM!!! The boat starts rolling down my driveway towards the steet, so first instinct is to try to stop it, so I jump in front and start pushing backwards (amazing how the Gym doesn't prepare you to stop a 7000lb rolling object)... So It's scraping across the street towards the neighbors driveway on the plate of the jack and finally it slams into the lip of concrete and comes to a hault after bending the hell out of the jack... So then the boat is stretched all the way across the road, completley blocking it... The Jack is bent so bad that I cannot jack it up high enough to get my truck under it to get hooked back up... So I had to call my cousin to come over with a jack so we could get it up enough to get my truck back under it and push it back into the driveway... Of course by the time he gets to the house (only 10 minutes) I have cars lined up in both directions that have no where to go since I am blocking the only road to about 40 houses....

SO... It's been a good night... Anyone know where I can get a new Jack for theTrailer...??

I know I'm not alone so let's hear it... I'll even post a pic, since my lovely finance and cousin thought it was so funny they needed to take pics...

Moral of the story... Always use Wheel Chucks...

Old 04-12-2006, 08:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Biggest Boating "Screw Up"

Could of been much worse... Thank your luck stars and buy and nice pair of wheel chucks.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

THAT'S FUNNY !!!
Although....it sounds like something that would happen to me
Old 04-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My budy has jumped in the water several times after launching his boat, he always seems to forget the plug...LOL
Old 04-12-2006, 08:31 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hvyhitter19
...Anyone know where I can get a new Jack for the trailer...
After that ... I have the Jack you need!

Old 04-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lmao, sorry but great story thanks for sharing most wouldnt of shared it

needed a good laugh today

and have done it, not quite so embarrassing though only in gravel lot with very tongue lite boat
Old 04-12-2006, 08:36 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Not related to a boat and no pics but even more stupid.....
When I was 21 I bought my first house, nice house but on a virtual ski slope (I had to wear cleats to cut the grass) The universal joint on the rear drive shaft of my truck was starting the clank so I thought I'd replace it real quick before I headed out one morning. Didn't think to choke the wheels.....when a truck is sitting in the drive way WITHOUT the parking brake do you know what is keeping it from rolling away? THE DRIVESHAFT!!!
Tapped on the universal joint several times because it was "stuck". When it popped loose the rear wheels started to move a little when the light bulb in my head went off!!!!! As I roll out from under the truck it starts down that driveway that I was just describing how steep it was. Luckily I left the passenger door unlocked. As the truck was 1/2 down the drive way I catch up to it, open the door and dive in head first to smash the brakes with my hands. Left skid marks about 15 feet long and almost made it to the street. (My neighbors yard across the street continued down the same hill and flattened out in their back yard into the woods)
After I cleaned out my drawers, I locked the hubs, backed the truck back up the driveway and finished the job. Haven't changed a universal joint since!!!!

Last edited by t500hps; 04-12-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

damn dude . . . you coulda ran yourself over
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
Could of been much worse... Thank your luck stars and buy and nice pair of wheel chucks.
Bingo...
Old 04-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

We all have been there some way or another but not everyone brings it up on a message board. Thanks for the chuckle, glad nothing but a jack was hurt.

Quick Reply: Biggest Boating "Screw Up"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.