Notices

LOTO- Sound Violations Worse than ever

Old 04-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LOTO- Sound Violations Worse than ever

Originally Posted by CAP071
what a joke, seems every day we are loosing a right on some water way

yup... makes more sense to swing a lead pipe first, then see how badly he wants to write a ticket... if a few guys get busted knees, they might start thinking twice
Old 04-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masher44
yup... makes more sense to swing a lead pipe first, then see how badly he wants to write a ticket... if a few guys get busted knees, they might start thinking twice

sounds like a job for the sbrt crew....
Old 04-16-2006, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cosmic12
we are 90 also But the kicker here is we cant have switchable exhaust. we have to have mufflers or through the out drive. they will ticket us for silent chosie. be glad you dont have to deal with that
Now that is total bull****z. It just really gets to me that our own hard earned tax dollars are used to take away freedom. The freedom to boat and make alittle noise. Who in the hell are we hurting? The most mild form of white collar crime in history. Breaking some noise restriction---------on the water no less!!!!!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:32 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by Jesse James
there is an ambient noise requirement when perfomaning the test..I beleive, and if more than 2 boats are within 1/4 mile the ambient noise will be to high to administer the test properly..but you will need proof of this when you go to court so ask to take a picture of the meter before starting your engines to get an accurate ambient noise reading...I know it is a pain in the ass....but if we are being a pain in there's .....tickets that dont hold up and wasted days in court...they will eventually chill out...
wonder if anyone has ever fought it and won. maybe one person with the right expert testimony could give it a shot. i just dont understand what the big deal is. find a sailboat lake if you want peace and tranquility

Old 04-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

This whole thing goes back to people who want there boat as loud as possible. When guys run dry headers with no mufflers at 100 plus decibles then EVERYONE gets bad attention . It happens with snowmobiles in alot of states too,some guy runs race pipes that are just pure obnoxious,cruise thru little towns on trails wakeing up everyone in middle of the night,next thing you know the DNR passes noise laws where your sled has to be bone stock to pass or worse,a visual test where even if you pass the noise test if there is any aftermarket exhaust present you are ticketed. No one other than a few crybabys cares about something that is slightly louder than stock,its the totally obnoxious stuff that catches attention then they set the decible limit unrealisticly low,Smitty
Old 04-17-2006, 06:40 AM
Registered

I wonder if the molded swim platform helps reduce noise?
Old 04-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Banned

platform makes it worse creats sound chamber, and by the way switchable exhaust is Illegal in Missouri, first thing they ask you now when they pull you over , if you have it and then to make sure it is open when you are checked, does anyone know someone with enough balls to fight them on this, 3600 cat is the only one I know who could come close, but he is busy being a mad scientist inventing the sound termination log, Brad you will be ok at the shootout but after its over head to the dock, Sobo and I got nailed after the shootout 2 years ago, we went to backwater jacks to eat and they pulled us over on the way home and said you could only run without mufflers to and from the event if you were entered.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:20 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
It seems our additional funding for our beloved water patrol have even enhanced their efforts to enforce the sound ordinances, now in addition to the stationary tests, they are now enforcing the moving tests, which is within 50' of your boat you must be less than 86 decibels running, another unattainable goal for a supercharged motor, they are hiding around docks, points and nailing people as they drive by, Spoke with an officer yesterday, he had written 10 tickets himself in the last 24 hours and as a total the water patrol had issued 45, this continues to be a thorn in us powerboaters side. It looks like I'm going to have to have the local mad scientists go to work on their new invention the dreaded sound elimination sound log, Sean , you and 3600 cat let me know how your experiment is going, avoid contact with water patrol until the sound guru's find the answer, signing off here comes the patrol now.

Geez, I hate the sound of that. Especially already this early in the year. I was anxious to pull the mufflers off the new Gun I bought so I could hear the sound of those ponies, now I guess I'll just leave them on.

And they're also talking like boat registration is going to triple to help pay for some more water mounties. Just what we need.

John
Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's like biting the hand that's feeding you. F'n J/O's aint got nothin better to do? The damn cowards oughta try lookin for some terrorists on the water instead of botherin performance boaters that are feeding thier families.

Something to check into here. I know in Illinois, the way the law on exhaust reads, is that the exhaust can not be switchable "FROM THE HELM" So, if the exhaust switch at the helm in inoperative, and only acts as a dummy, the real switch could be mounted under under the back seat or somewhere else than the helm. Right? Then it's not switchable at the helm.
It's a technacality, but worth a try. See how the law reads from a DNR law book.

Hey Jim, (Wiggler) I think if I remember correctly, you won the loudest boat award at our Chicago Poker run last summer.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 04-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Registered

There has been some slightly misleading information posted, or maybe I misunderstood, whatever...if you are interested in the law, go to http://www.moga.state.mo.us.statutes...3060000147.htm

It spells out the switchable issue, the standard for the test, etc. What I found very interesting is 306.147, para 2, Effective Jan 1996, a person shall not manufacture, sell , offer for sale, or operate in this state (Mo.), any motorboat manufactured after that date that exceeds the noise level of 90 dB(a) when subjected to.........test.

We should all be aware of exactly what the law says.

PS. On preview, the above URL does not look right. Try adding /C300-399/3060000147.htm right after the word statutes

Quick Reply: LOTO- Sound Violations Worse than ever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.