Notices

Boating Magazines

Old 01-30-2002, 06:44 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Boating Magazines

I'm sure many of you subscribe to boating mags. I do, in fact, more than I have time to check out, and I even get Yachting magazine and I never ordered it

What do you guys do with your old magazines? Do you pitch them after a certain period of time, or do you save them? When the new bedroom furniture gets here, I will have to "liquidate" my mags from the bedroom, not sure if I should keep them or pitch.

I used to save all my Car & Drivers when I subscribed and lived at home with ma & pa, but wound up giving them out to a friend who was collecting them when I moved to an apartment, had no room, and they said get this crap outta my basement.

Anyway, what do you guys do with your old boating mags? If you save them, is there any value to doing so? Or is it just for reference material?
Old 01-30-2002, 07:43 PM
Registered

Must be a winter project for a lot of us. I'm currently breezing thru them looking for anything worth remembering and then pitching them in the trash. At my beloveds urging.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I've got years and years of Powerboat and Hot Boat. You looking for anything in particular Marky Marc??? LOL!!!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 07:53 PM
Registered

I have about 5yrs of hotboat, boating, lakeland boating, powerboat and a few truck mags.... I'll say my closet is full I find it nice to be able to look back and find a article and tips..
Old 01-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Registered

I usually keep them around (boating mags, golf mags, home improv mags, etc.) for a few months, then cut out any articles that I want to keep, and throw the rest out. I keep notebooks by topic for the articles....definitely cuts down on the clutter.....
Old 01-30-2002, 08:41 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Cool

Hey 32Fever....I heard they have this great magazine about guys who paid for bigger boats and got smaller ones.....

Oh I'm sorry I was thinking about the Fountain owner's manual......
Old 01-30-2002, 09:05 PM
Registered

I save all my powerboats, and have for over 10 years. There has been several times someone I know has wanted an artice about a boat they bought, or were thinking about buying. It's been nice having them.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by shorgasm:
<STRONG>Hey 32Fever....I heard they have this great magazine about guys who paid for bigger boats and got smaller ones.....

Oh I'm sorry I was thinking about the Fountain owner's manual...... </STRONG>
Yeah, I heard Bayliners come with a free subscription to "Wannabee Illustrated"

Old 01-31-2002, 12:02 AM
Registered

Question

anyone have a mag with a story on the 99 20' wellcraft excalibur?
Old 01-31-2002, 07:28 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Save all of mine, Powerboat and Hotboat since 1997. Great source of info on the 29- 32ft boats that they tested. (they are starting to get in my price range).

Jan

Quick Reply: Boating Magazines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.