Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nor-Tech Center Console (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/127750-nor-tech-center-console.html)

Jigsaw89 04-17-2006 10:29 PM

Re: Nor-Tech Center Console

Beautiful boat, however it appears to lack in functionality. Anyone looking to actually fish with their center console is doing themselves a disservice by going with an I/O setup. Outboards are the ticket!

glassdave 04-17-2006 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89
Beautiful boat, however it appears to lack in functionality. Anyone looking to actually fish with their center console is doing themselves a disservice by going with an I/O setup. Outboards are the ticket!

just curious as to why? seems in a boat this large that might not be the case.

awsome boat by the way. coolest fish boat i ever saw :cool: :fish: :cool: :fish:

FeverMike 04-17-2006 10:57 PM

If I were to buy another go fast style boat but still want the room of a center console with speed and looks of a go fast, the Nor-Tech would be at the top of my list.
Not only with Yanmars this boat cruise at 70 but check out the awesome gas mileage it get's.
This is an extremely well built boat all around!

Jigsaw89 04-17-2006 11:15 PM

- The aft of the boat is the best area to fish from & having an I/O setup takes up valuable space
- With an O/B setup you are better able to retrieve your catch from the transom area as opposed to walking over the engine hatches & standing on a swim platform... it's safer to remain within the boat at all times
- With an O/B setup you can fully raise the motors out of the water for '360-degrees' of unobstructed fishing... I/O's remain in the way even when fully tilted
- As a general rule, O/B boats can drift & remain under power in shallower h2o

I'm not trying to start a debate over which setup is better, but at first glance & as experience dictates it is much easier to sport fish & retrieve your catch from an O/B rather than an I/O setup. Beautiful boat nonetheless!

Jassman 04-18-2006 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89

No agument. I am a fan of outboards, but to me on a vessle of this size you need some torque and the diesels are the ticket. If you look at the 39 Midnight Express(which I really like) with 4 300's it top out at 66 (larger canopied version) so this 4300 would be approx 58-60, to me 4 motors hangin off the azz end is difficult to board. I'm a diesel fan and glad to see Nortech pushing the envelope. What would be the real ticket is a light layup, which they offer and the new 480hp Yans, that would put it at 75-77mph and 60-65mph cruise....SWEET.....I'm glad my wife showed me this thread. :cool: Jeff

Stormrider 04-18-2006 07:28 AM

Can this boat be rigged w/ the engines moved foward, underneath the deck w/ shafts to the drives?

Otherwise this is a great day boat! Just need to add some more seating up forward.

salesmanship 04-18-2006 08:14 AM

This boat may not be the ultimate fishing battle wagon but it does do a number of things quite nicely. Fish, cruise, dive, overnight. Strong points are the diesel speed and range. The 39 Midnight with quad Verados tops out at 66 but at 55 it's burning 60 GPH. Twice the fuel burn.
Hard to tell from the photos but the engines are under the floor, shafts would push the CG too far forward.
BTW I have a twin engine 35' CC I use for fishing. The outboards make it difficult to do anything off the transom. We always fish in the corners of the stern or over the sides.
Thanks for the comments.
Terry

chuckbeecher 04-18-2006 08:27 AM

I/O or OBs the point that I don't get is there is an engine hatch or "thick' transom area or with out boards they are mounted to a built in transom /set back or they have a Jackplate and you still have a large area between you and the outside open area to bring the fish up and into the boat. Both appear hard to work around and chances are you are going to do most easy way into boat at the rear corners. We have the big Verados and they eat up a lot of area.
Motors below the console would be best set-up. :rolleyes:
I do love that Nortech...didn't know they made a CC..maybe the most beautiful fish boat around..love the speeds and mileage!!

Stormrider 04-18-2006 08:29 AM

Terry, could you open up the rear of the boat to have a regular transom w/ open cockpit?

wrinkleface 04-18-2006 08:30 AM

TS, can my boat B converted to the CC style by Friday? I think I like that style better. Then, I would take my mutt George boating w/ Big Mama and me?? :p